Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2013 Tundra

bigdreams

Reaction score
So my wife and I decided to add a grey double cab base model v6 2wd 2013 Tundra to our family. She really wants to lift it a little. Or maybe a lot. We don't know yet. What kind of suspension setup should we go with?

Gadget

Reaction score
URD carries the full line of suspension systems from Icon, Radflow, and Tundra Racing.

If you see anything from them you want let me know and I will set you up with a nice discount.

G

bigdreams

Reaction score
Cool. I looked on URD's site for vehicle specific items and didn't really see much. I guess I'll look again. Other than looks, would there really be any advantage to lifting a 2WD truck? What kind of off-roading could be done with 2WD?

On a side note, Gadget, what kind of performance parts does URD have for the V6 Tundras? I sent an email to the site a couple weeks ago and still haven't heard back

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
if i was to ever get rid of my X a tundra would be sitting in my driveway :top:

Gadget

Reaction score
The 2007+ Tundra V6 is an odd ball. There is not much that fits it.

If you have the manual trans the URD short shifter fits it.

G

bigdreams

Reaction score
The 2007+ Tundra V6 is an odd ball. There is not much that fits it.

If you have the manual trans the URD short shifter fits it.

G

Nope. No manual trans. Just a column shifter. Does the URD TCAI at least fit it? Any exhaust parts fit?

Ridefoxone

Reaction score
I didn't know URD sold suspension parts!!! I'm gonna be in the market for a upper control arm for my FJ soon

bigdreams

Reaction score
Well if URD wants a V6 2WD Tundra to test things out, I'd be more than happy to install parts to our truck and give feedback and do some advertising. Just sayin'. Lol

Gadget

Reaction score
The parts need to be created before they can be test fitted.

Honestly, we only have like one customer a year with your truck looking for stuff, so there just does not seem it is worth the effort.

G

bigdreams

Reaction score
The parts need to be created before they can be test fitted.

Honestly, we only have like one customer a year with your truck looking for stuff, so there just does not seem it is worth the effort.

G

Damn. I may just have to take the truck to a custom exhaust shop or something. Do any 05+ Tacoma intakes work on my Tundra or intakes from other vehicles that have the 1GR-FE?

Grumpy

Reaction score
You bought a new truck with the smallest engine and looking for performance modification, why didn't you get the 5.7 or at least 4.7 to begin with?

bigdreams

Reaction score
You bought a new truck with the smallest engine and looking for performance modification, why didn't you get the 5.7 or at least 4.7 to begin with?

V8 was out of our price range unfortunately

I'm not necessarily worried about the performance. I was just wondering what was out there. My wife really wants to lift it and do some custom paint and airbrushing revolving around Nightmare Before Christmas

Last edited:

bigdreams

Reaction score
Turn that beast into a trophy truck!:biggrin:

Yeah. That's the plan. I've been entering my X in shows lately and have done fairly well. So my wife's truck will be getting entered once we do a lot more work to it. The car club that I'm in is wanting more than just lowered trucks. So that's another reason for us to lift her Tundra. Aside from paint, we've been thinking of doing the recessed grill mod with the Grillcraft mesh grill and get the mesh powder coated a dark purple and replacing the front T emblem with Jack Skelington's face

chatt x

Reaction score
3A6F9F67-20D9-4FCF-B11D-FBC055ADF224-189-0000000DF9F99FC1_zpseed74d5f.jpg

606E3B0B-31EF-4A5E-A220-AC0E81384D37-189-0000000E1247A09E_zps120fb012.jpg

Lol! Sorry man, I was referring to this type of trophy.:rofl:

Top Bottom