Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2jz swap??

Outburst

Reaction score
if youre looking for someone to do a 2jz swap for you, good luck.

an ls engine, then you might want to hit a few people up. there's a few threads on it already and people have it working. not to mention its probably a chaeper, more dependable route to take as ewll.

justin13703

Reaction score
if youre looking for someone to do a 2jz swap for you, good luck.

an ls engine, then you might want to hit a few people up. there's a few threads on it already and people have it working. not to mention its probably a chaeper, more dependable route to take as ewll.

You could always do an ls but the ls has been done and the guys wanting a 2jz want to do something different that hasn't really been done yet. Too bad that's why really no one has done it yet lol. Personally I think a bsp x runner, lowered 2 inches or so, with a built 2jz and some meaty rubber on the back would be an absolutely sick combination.

chatt x

Reaction score
You could always do an ls but the ls has been done and the guys wanting a 2jz want to do something different that hasn't really been done yet. Too bad that's why really no one has done it yet lol. Personally I think a bsp x runner, lowered 2 inches or so, with a built 2jz and some meaty rubber on the back would be an absolutely sick combination.

Why a bsp and not swb?:biggrin:

Outburst

Reaction score

by all means im not saying not to do it. im just saying that if you don't have time to do it yourself, the cheaper and more proven route right now is the ls route.

of course, it really depends on how deep your pockets go

krisxrunner

Reaction score
I don't have deep pockets by any means but I would love to do it. The engine tranny combo is just as much as the Ls. But the work may be more but I would love to stay toyota altogether.

98_mud_bug

Reaction score
Why use a motor that's more expensive to mod, heavier, and longer, with crappy trans placement than a ls?

justin13703

Reaction score
Why use a motor that's more expensive to mod, heavier, and longer, with crappy trans placement than a ls?

Because it would be sick duh lol. If everyone did everything the cheaper way the world would be quite a boring place

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
549618_10150960053117041_8717656_n.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARf9LPLSc84&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

2JZ 2nd Gen

chatt x

Reaction score

2jz swaps are very common here in my country, mostly jeeps and smaller 4x4s like 90's pajeero, daihatsu rocky and suzukis. Well its not that hard here to swap, lots of parts available, my cuzin is building his 1989 swb pajeero with 2jz engine and 1jz trans, both gear and engine cost him around 2.5k $

BUT why not an LS1 swap?

LS1 turbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFh3ucxyJI

I'm interested in why the trans placement is crappy? Can that not be adjusted with motor placement in the engine bay? Waleed, can you shed some light on that? Maybe some pics on where the shifter is in the console?

widdoz runner

Reaction score
The tundra would have to take its auto drivetrain and its rear axle if I remember right

Top Bottom