Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2jz vs 1gr price

SicilianMobster

Reaction score
ok so ive been looking around ebay and i find it a little irritating how the 1grfe is more that a 2jzgte w/ a tranny and engine harness. almost makes me want to save up an extra 3k for a swap.... i know how often this is discussed and no one ever pulls through but im REALLY considering it this time, NO BS! i was talking to one of the guys from supratrucks.com and he said "I haven't confirmed but I've heard that the '05-up Tacoma's have a different wiring system from the pre '04 trucks. From what I've heard, it has a main brain (for lack of a better term) that connects all the different ECUs and would be a nightmare to do an engine swap with."
i know rexrunner is doing his swap right now and from what i have read his wiring was a PITA..... how much would it cost for me to pay someone to do this???? just trying to get some ides estimates.... like i said im not trying to be one of those guys who says he has the money to do the swap and never pulls through in the end. Ive got almost 2500 saved up, my motor has almost 90k on it and some MAJOR power loss... i wish some company would painless wiring kit where everything would just plug straight in but we all know that will never happen.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Honestly, it's more trouble than it's worth. If you have money, and you don't want to drive your truck for a while (ie rexrunner) than do it. Just know that if you pay someone to do it, you're looking at probably $5-6 thousand in just labor. Also you will have to do fabrication on the truck. You'll need mounts obviously, but you'll also have to relocate the shifter (move it back).

You're looking at probably $12,000 plus to get it done completely with someone to do it. Don't quote me on this, but it's a rough estimate. This is also an estimate off of you getting a motor, trans, and ecu as a package for cheap.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
You copuld always just not care make your own guages use a standalone and be done with it...prolly wont A/C or anything else though...

rexrunner

Reaction score
just pull everything out and make your own harness IMO.

keep cruise control and full factory functions is the irratating part, not getting it to just run.

we have one main computer, behind the gove box and a combination meter (guage cluster)

the CB just recieves multiple signals from sensors related to speed. vehicle speed sensors and wheels speed sensors, which most can just be left alone

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
thought you were selling your truck????

Top Bottom