Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2nd Annual Locals Mini-meet...

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Badazz set up a good meet last year so i would just keep an eye on this thread for the time being.

Thanks for the props Limitless!
Yes Guys, this meet is going to happen. So far I have the majority in agreement that November is good for them so that's what I'm going with. That said, I was looking to do a one day event on Sunday just like last year. Sunday, November 13th would be the date. If some of you are coming in from out of town and want to put something together for Saturday night (such as The Works) I would most likely join in too, but I am focusing my attention on the activities for Sunday.
For the meeting place this year I had Stoudt's Brewery in mind. They are a local brewery with a pub and resteraunt next door. The pub opens at 11:30 which would be a great time to eat,especially considering they offer a FREE tour of the brewery at 1:00 pm every Sunday. They offer all kinds of seasonal beers such as Octoberfest, as well as home made cheeses and a pub menu with average prices around $10-$12 a meal. You can check out their facility at this link http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/brewery.html and let me know what you think.
After lunch I have a cruise route planned that will showcase some of the best local cruising roads this area has to offer. The route I have in mind will incorporate roads around both Blue Marsh Lake, and Lake Ontelaunee, as well as the infamous Duryea Hill Climb up Skyline Drive to the Pagoda. I figure the total cruise route should be about 45 min. ( not including stopping for pics)
My suggestion would be to use Hooters as the meeting place again this year,even though we do not intend to eat there. The reason I suggest this is because Hooters is very easy to find and it has easy access to the highway,especially for a large caravan of vehicles. If we meet at Hooters by 11:00 am we can cruise together to have lunch at Stoudt's Brewery @ 11:30 am. This would give us plenty of time to each lunch. Then we could take the free tour of the brewery @ 1:00pm. Afterwards we will go on the group cruise and we should end up at the Pagoda around 3:00-3:30 pm. We will have plenty of oportunites for photo ops around the lakes as well as at the Pagoda. I persoanlly would be looking to leave the Pagoda area no later than 5:00 pm

Last edited:

PAXR

Reaction score
Plans for sunday sound excellent. I have been meaning to make it out to Stoudts for a while so this will work out great. I may try and make it a weekend and stay in the Reading area saturday night, we'll see as we get closer.

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Plans for sunday sound excellent. I have been meaning to make it out to Stoudts for a while so this will work out great. I may try and make it a weekend and stay in the Reading area saturday night, we'll see as we get closer.

PAXR...I had to move the date to Sunday, November 13th. I nearly forgot that the first weekend in November is my daughters birthday. There would be some hell to pay if I planned an event on my daughters birthday :motz:Also...Stoudt's is awsome isn't it? Love that place. Great beer, great food.

PAXR

Reaction score
100% understandable and it'll still work out. Since we're out of the summer my weekends really open up and that sunday will be good too. I love the microbrews, I'm lucky enough to have Troegs right down the road and ABC (appalachian brewing). All sounds good man. Keep us posted.

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
I just finished up a growler of Troegs not long ago but I have never had ABC. I was just @ Stoudt's Sunday (Sept. 24th) for their opening weekend of Oktoberfest. Good times :top:

sirspiroc

Reaction score
This event sounds great, alot closer than textfest. This exactly what i need

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
I am interested in joining you guys for this meet. So is the meet Sunday November 13? Cause all the date changing is confusing lol. Hopefully some of the other NJ members will join me to ride out there.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
I am interested in joining you guys for this meet. So is the meet Sunday November 13? Cause all the date changing is confusing lol. Hopefully some of the other NJ members will join me to ride out there.

I'm going, we'll meet up and cruise together

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
I'm going, we'll meet up and cruise together
Ight man, sounds good. When time comes closer we will figure out best place to meet. In the mean time we should try and get some of the other NJ XR's to go too.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Ight man, sounds good. When time comes closer we will figure out best place to meet. In the mean time we should try and get some of the other NJ XR's to go too.

I doubt anyone else is gona go man, the nj crews not tight for some reason

benxr

Reaction score
I'll plan to be there, especially since I couldn't make it to XFE this year which I'm still pretty bummed about :thumbdown:

I like the Saturday/Sunday idea.. maybe we could get some extra semi-locals to show up too

PAXR

Reaction score
Yeah hopefully we'll get a good turn out. Its that time of the year where everyone starts to get some good free time too. Summer is really hard to plan anything, but fall is always nice and open.

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
So is the meet Sunday November 13? Hopefully some of the other NJ members will join me to ride out there.

Yes...the date for the 2nd annual locals mini-meet will be Sunday, November 13th. If anyone is in town the night before(Saturday) I would be willing to meet up then too, but I am focusing my attention on Sunday

we should try and get some of the other NJ XR's to go too.

That would be great if you guys could get more of the Jersey crew to cruise up here too. only about 45 min. to an hour away

Yeah hopefully we'll get a good turn out. Its that time of the year where everyone starts to get some good free time too. Fall is always nice and open.

We had 6 trucks last year, 5 of which were able to stay for the day and cruise. More trucks this year would be great. As long as i have a ruff count when that weekend is close. that way I can give the brewery a heads-up. As for the cruise...the views will be great that time of year. I know last year year we had the meet the first week of November and the colors of the leaves were awsome all across the mountain tops.

Last edited:

BadAzzXrunR

Reaction score
Here is the info for the locals mini-meet...

Date: Sunday, November 13th
Time to meet: 11:00am
Place to meet: Hooter's at 1775 Papermill Road, Wyomissing PA

We will be meeting @ Hooter's because it is a central meeting place with easy access to the highway. We will be leaving the Hooter's parking lot @ 11:00 am so please be there by that time.

We will be cruising together to Stoudt's Brewery for lunch. They open at 11:30am. We will have until 1:00pm when the FREE brewery tour begins.

After the brewery tour I have a group cruise planned. We will be taking a route full of twists,turns,and high speed straights. This route will lead us along side Blue Marsh Lake and eventually up Skyline Drive to the Pagoda . Along the way there will be several places for photo stops if you guys are interested.

I am hoping to be at the Pagoda by 3:00-3:30pm. I personally will be looking to head home from there no later than 5:00pm

If you are definitely going to be attending please add your name to the list below by copying and pasting the attending list. Hope to see you guys there!

Attending:
1. John ( BadAzzXrunR )

WallasX

Reaction score
1. John ( BadAzzXrunR )
2. Irunnit
3. Wallasx plus 2

sbx595

Reaction score
1. John ( BadAzzXrunR )
2. Irunnit
3. Wallasx plus 2
4. Mark (SBX595)

PAXR

Reaction score
1. John ( BadAzzXrunR )
2. Irunnit
3. Wallasx plus 2
4. Mark (SBX595)
5. Steve (PAXR)+1

Limitless

Reaction score
Well unfortunately my work may be sending me to Florida for a 4 day seminar in which i will probably be flying out that sunday. I'll keep it posted when i find out exact days and times.

Top Bottom