Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2nd blowout with factory tires!! ><

XrunDan

Reaction score
Hey all,

Havent posted in a while here, but had a little trouble yesterday. Let me start at the beginning...

About 6 months ago I had just gotten off the freeway, turned a corner, put her in 2nd, and the rear driver tire just spun. Looked in the mirror only to see smoke billowing out. The tire had shredded. Never seen anything like that before. I mean the sidewall was just GONE! So i had the tire sent in to the manufacturer (Bridgestone) to see if it could be warranted. NO LUCK!

Well, yesterday I got on the freeway, and the SAME THING happened. Truck started shaking, and smoking. Well this time the spare, which MAYBE has about 300-500 miles on it, blew out. Giant hole in the sidewall. Had to have the truck towed as the tire that blew was my spare.

I know I had seen threads before about factory tire problems, but I could not find many when I searched. I want to see if I can get a new set of tires from Bridgestone (as I do not want to have any more blowouts), so I want to find as many threads as I can that state problems with factory tires. Lemme know if you all know (too many "know's") where I can find the threads. Thanks all!! Sorry about the novel.

dailycruzr

Reaction score
same thing happened to me. sidewall disintigrated, literally it looked like the aftermath of a good burnout.

Top Bottom