Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

$30 Traction Bars = no wheel hop

zrgray

Reaction score
muzzy... are you using the factory leaf or the sittin sic one?

zrgray

Reaction score
Shit, I don't want to be the first to do this on SS leafs lol. Christdenied, are you gonna do it since you have the parts available or still having your doubts?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
this thread is the opposite of the ct version:laugh:

lol, i was not gonna say anything

what do you knwo somebody on CT is hatin

Cough Cough balboa Cough Cough

:laugh: - Ah.. my biggest fan complaining again.

If you look at his pictures, you will see he has 3" or 4" blocks. I wouldn't assume that those helpers would prevent hop when you have that large of blocks. The amount of leverage that the axle has on those leafs is incredible, you won't stop wheel hop using leaf mounted traction bars. Won't happen.

2 solutions to running those large blocks..
A. Remove them as they are horrible for performance and go another route for a drop
B. Use a device to control the axle directly, AKA a bud-built traction, or similar.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I am sure he will love it.

Back on topic.

I have mono leafs and I may try this. I agree with DS, a little black paint.

Or in Jason's case a little more dirt.

It matches his chrome headlights.

I don't have much wheel hop since my X dont produce that much HP. So it should work for me.

Last edited:

kelson

Reaction score
:laugh: - Ah.. my biggest fan complaining again.

If you look at his pictures, you will see he has 3" or 4" blocks. I wouldn't assume that those helpers would prevent hop when you have that large of blocks. The amount of leverage that the axle has on those leafs is incredible, you won't stop wheel hop using leaf mounted traction bars. Won't happen.

2 solutions to running those large blocks..
A. Remove them as they are horrible for performance and go another route for a drop
B. Use a device to control the axle directly, AKA a bud-built traction, or similar.

lol didn't even dawn on me until you brought the blocks up. i thought for a while it was just "that guy" being dumb again. cause i kno a bunch of pre runners and 4X4s use this and it actually works.

Murderface

Reaction score
Shit, I don't want to be the first to do this on SS leafs lol. Christdenied, are you gonna do it since you have the parts available or still having your doubts?

I will NOT be putting these on my SS mono leafs:thumpdown: Shane said it isn't a good idea and I have no reason not to trust his word:top:

Shanes56

Reaction score
Please do not put these out your SS mono leafs, this has never been hidden, DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT COULD RUIN THE STRUCTUAL INTERGRITY OF THE LEAF, this includes things like jacking up your truck on the leaf and these bars are included in the not to do. Remeber people SS leafs are composite they are not metal.

FYI if you put these on your leafs and delamination starts to happen or worse they break Sittin Sic nor Flex-A-Form will replace them.

Please these bars are are not a good Idea, if you ruin your leafs you are out $450 plus the $30for the metal wasted in these if you buy a proper traction bar you will spend about $450.

Remeber steel leafs have fatigue points as well, just something to ponder when doing these mods, IMHO do it right and you will never have to worry about it.

Last edited:

06XR-SW

Reaction score
i have some traction bars like that i but they are the rectangle looking bars

Last edited:

Vince77

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea. I had these on my old 4x4 taco. Might still have them back in Kansass.

I usually only get wheel hop turning a slow corners when the roads are wet. At least I know the lsd is working.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn!, This is the first time I've seen this thread. Let me tell you all, he left a flawless stretch of rubber, with out a chirp from hopping tires. Best I have seen from an X to date!

ntinhri

Reaction score
only retards leave black marks! spinnin aint winnin..... lol Ill stick with my URD trac bar

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
well I was going to try it, but i have 4" blocks so I guess I'll just save my $30 bucks

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Any of you guys that tried this still running it or did the idea fade off....

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
i ran a 1.9 60' with these and no wheel hop at the track. Take it for what it is. I now have the URD bar, much better but obviously much more $$.

Strykr

Reaction score
Thats legit! I've been looking into getting a traction bar setup or something along the lines of these helper springs, this thread is immensely helpful! :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
Thats legit! I've been looking into getting a traction bar setup or something along the lines of these helper springs, this thread is immensely helpful! :top:

Save ur money, these $30 helper springs don't and will never be able to stop wheel hop. Get ur self a real trac bar like the URD one and u will be very happy.....I am:top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Save ur money, these $30 helper springs don't and will never be able to stop wheel hop. Get ur self a real trac bar like the URD one and u will be very happy.....I am:top:

Well they actually worked quite well for me in most scenarios (was able to induce wheel hop on wet roads and very sticky roads with very hard launches). On most N/A vehicles this should work very well. Even during demonstrations they performed as advertised.

While the URD one is nice, Cal-Tracs is a proven name and is the brand to get for pro drag racers that are in leaf spring classes. That's why I opted with them, that and they are cheaper (plus more clearance for exhaust). :top:

Top Bottom