Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3M carbon fiber interior accents

EYE LEVEL 22

Reaction score
I recently aqcuired about 4 square feet of the 3M carbon fiber DI-NOC vinyl. Out of all the CF look-alikes out there, i would have to say this one is the best. Not just for the look but also for its texture, the vinyl is actually three dimensional so it comes out lookin just as solid. After running out of the suggested 3M 94 primer, a little elmers stick glue and my girlfriend's hairdryer seemed to do the trick, somewhat. Here are some before and after pictures.

consolebefore5911.jpg

consoleafter5911.jpg

intbefore5911.jpg

intafter5911.jpg

3mcfv1.jpg

3mcfv2.jpg

3mcfv3.jpg

FireB

Reaction score
I like the MB sticker the most..... :top:
But the 3M stuff looks nice too!

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Looks good man. Hit up Coupe for a custom shift knob and it will look perfect.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
This looks great, and I'm already checking into getting some done myself! Great job, looks perfect!

xptical

Reaction score
If anyone is up for painting, you can spray silver, then place a woven shelf-liner over the part, then spray with black.

I've done it on a few of my RC models. The effect is nice.

If you want "real" carbon, check here: http://www.uscomposites.com/carbonpage.html

About $45 for enough to cover most of the center console. You'll need finishing resin, nitrile gloves, and a foam brush.

Place the part on a solid surface. Place the carbon on some waxed paper and "wet" it with the resin. Then use a scraper (old credit card or gift card) to get most of the resin out. Smooth the carbon over the part; it should form easily if you get light carbon. Finally, put a trash bag over the whole mess and fill it with water. The trash bag and water will act like a poor-man's vacuum bag.

Oh, remember to use plenty of waxed paper to keep the resin from ruining your table or from sticking to the trash bag.

Top Bottom