Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4 cylinder sc or turbo?

trd_sport

Reaction score
Anyone on here have a turbo 4 cylinder or even a supercharged one? Wondering how they compare to stock v6 tacoma.

TRON

Reaction score
I assuming your only wanting to compare V6 vs 4 on a tacoma... But my friends in colorado have 4 cylinder turbo charged evos and subarus.... They smoke my truck; they got crazy power!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
My caliber srt4 stock was leaving car lengths vs modified NA X-Runners

Gadget

Reaction score
Are you talking about the 2TR-FE 2.7L 4 cyl in the 2005+ Tacoma??

I can tell you it is a friggin DOG. It starts to be fun if you put the URD Supercharger kit on it, but without it you will hate it.

G

gearhead899

Reaction score
idk about the new 4cyl but I always wanted to turbo an older Tacoma 2.4 :rockon: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zp6_tgJ-s[/ame]

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score

Oh Really? I do recall one day running with an SRT4 Caliber........his view was just like my signature below.

justin13703

Reaction score
idk about the new 4cyl but I always wanted to turbo an older Tacoma 2.4 :rockon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zp6_tgJ-s

That's nice but that dudes gonna tear it up just spinning donuts for so long at a time lol I'd like to see how it actually accelerates

Oh Really? I do recall one day running with an SRT4 Caliber........his view was just like my signature below.

I also know I'd take an srt4 caliber too. A stock one at least lol

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score

Your alive! Someone has been ignoring me............ and I know I am getting old but that's now how remembered it :dontknow:

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
He must have been doing it wrong, with more brake HP and less weight on 'Paper' the SRT should pull on a base X
Are you talking about the 2TR-FE 2.7L 4 cyl in the 2005+ Tacoma??

I can tell you it is a friggin DOG. It starts to be fun if you put the URD Supercharger kit on it, but without it you will hate it.

G
Want, so much want! Yes, it is a DOG. Need to curtail this axle wrap now that I have LSD in the rear first though.

I can see this happening

These is also this Ausi company that builds turbo kits for the 2tr.

OZ BOOST

hrspwr236

Reaction score
He must have been doing it wrong, with more brake HP and less weight on 'Paper' the SRT should pull on a base X

Want, so much want! Yes, it is a DOG. Need to curtail this axle wrap now that I have LSD in the rear first though.

I can see this happening

These is also this Ausi company that builds turbo kits for the 2tr.

OZ BOOST

The SRT4 he was referring to was me and if I recall someone missed a shift :hmmmm2:

IMG_9703_zpsb648c923.jpg

IMG_9708_zps3fb37c24.jpg

I ran 3 Xrunner that might and they all lost, one of them stayed right behind me through third gear then I walked away through fourth. From a dig, the Xrunner has a good chance because the Caliber will not get traction until third gear hence why the stock PCM limits the torque through first and second and will need a serious driver mod to make a dig worth while other wise in a roll at 40 forget the SRT4 is in boost!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
LMAO, nice. I was going to say 2nd and 3rd gear pulls in my Pop'ses SRT was phenomenal, if you ignored the tq steer.

One of the few reasons the car is no longer with me, it became a loosing battle, as you put more performance parts on you had to invest more money into parts to reduce torque steer but I must say it's a nice forearm workout. I do miss the turbo 4 power and fuel economy when you behaved but I had missed the X more and RWD!

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
One of the few reasons the car is no longer with me, it became a loosing battle, as you put more performance parts on you had to invest more money into parts to reduce torque steer but I must say it's a nice forearm workout. I do miss the turbo 4 power and fuel economy when you behaved but I had missed the X more and RWD!

Yeah, why Dodge and Ford stick with the FWD platform for the consumer market but give the AWD platform to WRC and RX is beyond me.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Yeah, why Dodge and Ford stick with the FWD platform for the consumer market but give the AWD platform to WRC and RX is beyond me.

It's all down to the bottom line, make the car affordable, besides its hard to compete with weak platforms when the 'others' have been improving on the same platform for years. Ralph Giles has even said that they don't have a suitable platform to make another SRT4 but I believe there is a change for dodge soon :dontknow:

darthyota

Reaction score
The awd race variants are converted by the race teams by various builders

Phil Dammit

Reaction score
The awd race variants are converted by the race teams by various builders
you dont say
It's all down to the bottom line, make the car affordable, besides its hard to compete with weak platforms when the 'others' have been improving on the same platform for years. Ralph Giles has even said that they don't have a suitable platform to make another SRT4 but I believe there is a change for dodge soon :dontknow:

The dart seems to be doing alright, only time will tell. It seems as the Germans and Japs are still leading the way. The trucks have excelled well since they departed Chrysler and became their own branch.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Your alive! Someone has been ignoring me............ and I know I am getting old but that's now how remembered it :dontknow:

No ignoring anyone .....just have not been around. I haven't received any texts from you. The Universe spoke to me and I felt I needed to set that story straight. lmao

I have beaten a couple highly modified rides in my slightly modified NA XR but it was due to the other driver having issues. Funny thing is I suck at racing too.

Top Bottom