Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4 cylinder sc or turbo?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
No ignoring anyone .....just have not been around. I haven't received any texts from you. The Universe spoke to me and I felt I needed to set that story straight. lmao

I have beaten a couple highly modified rides in my slightly modified NA XR but it was due to the other driver having issues. Funny thing is I suck at racing too.

I sent you a few texts, number changed?

In alot of races it comes down to driver mod, you can have an absolutely amazing high horsepower ride and not how drive it or control it and someone who can drive his POS car and win. Practice makes perfect, I can admit that I could use some more practice :rolleyez:

Turbo charged regarding cab X-Runner would be a perfect little beast done right!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I think the biggest concern will he the lack of weight over the rear, traction will definitely be an issue, he'll I had traction issues when I had the full weight over the motor on the FWD turbo, I can't imagine in a little truck.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Be the first. :top:
Just returned from dealership.......I need a new truck to use for work so was looking into the 4cyl. I got an amazing deal on a 2014 but I walked due to not being 100% I may go back tomorrow. :hmmmm2::crinklehair::hmmmm2:

Gadget

Reaction score
My best advise is not not get the 4 cyl.

G

Gadget

Reaction score
I am not sure what happened there.....

G

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Just returned from dealership.......I need a new truck to use for work so was looking into the 4cyl. I got an amazing deal on a 2014 but I walked due to not being 100% I may go back tomorrow. :hmmmm2::crinklehair::hmmmm2:

Why are you considering a turbo 4 for a work truck, to me that'd a formula for fun not work?

trd_sport

Reaction score
May I ask what amazing is?
OTD for 22 Plus some other freebies. Pre runner access cab.
sticker around 25 online at 23.3
My best advise is not not get the 4 cyl.

G
This is why I'm not 100% anything we should know about it other than with the pedal pushed all the way it's slow?
Why are you considering a turbo 4 for a work truck, to me that'd a formula for fun not work?
Are you saying I shouldn't have fun at work? Lol
I've been driving a supercharged v6 ever day as is. The other work truck I'm replacing is a 2004 f150 5.4. Anything will be an improvment.

Gadget

Reaction score
It is a fine truck. Just F-ing slow. If you are going to drive it like grandma all the time you can get decent MPG from it.

If you end up getting the URD Supercharger kit, it will not be a total dog any more and the cool thing is the customers report a increase in MPG. One guy in Louisiana is getting 4 MPG more that stock.

G

trd_sport

Reaction score
^I got a better deal on something. Post pics in a few.

trd_sport

Reaction score

I'll post a better one later. 2014 v6 pre runner access cab.

I have my stock rims off the trd sport I'll put on soon

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Congrats you picked the best color, cant wait to see how this one turns out, we all no it will be far from stock!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Glad you went v6. Its a amazing how many people fall for the smaller engine=better milage ploy. Friend has a 08 4cly auto. Around town they get 15...I got about 15 also, and drove the shit out of it. Last gen 4cly auto prerunner and he luck when he gets 14.

The problem is that you HAVE to drive the piss out of a 4cly truck to make it go anywhere. Gadget was right, if you baby it you can beat v6 mileage. But nobody does that. Lol

Top Bottom