Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

500hp and 600 tq!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blastap

Reaction score
i just got dynoing some bikes at work and when i tried the differnt gears theory, and i ran my own gsxr1000 in 3,4,5th and got a higher number in 5th than 3rd.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
I'm a tool. :top:

Last edited:

WCD

Reaction score
I think what Blastap said is dead-on true, even for cars.
I'm betting he did those pulls on a DJ dyno. I've read/been told the same is also true with cars and trucks on DJ dynos. Some DJ sheets I've seen of 3rd gear pulls vs. 4th and 5th gear pulls show that the 3rd gear pull is usually the lowest. So in this case, if Rex can get around the speed limiter issure and redline it in 5th, it might actually read higher than his 4th gear pull. :biggrin: I haven't a clue about the CF for temp and all that other stuff, I'm just talking about the gearing that is used on the dyno.

This gear ratio argument has to do with engine loading. A motor has less load on it in 3rd gear than in 5th gear. That's also why rear gear ratio changes don't take well to the dyno if you go from 3.15 to a 3.73 or something like that and keep the same tire diameter.

I've also read that because of these loading factors, eddy current dynos are much better at producing consistent power readings no matter what gear you're in. I wish I had both dynos next to me to test this out because I'm 99% sure it's true.

This is from a streetbike website, but I believe the same is true for cars as well. Why wouldn't it be? So read up DJM Direct. Your comments on doing a dyno pull in 1st gear make no sense for producing a high output dyno sheet. Maybe it was a wacky dyno, but you are also contributing to the amount of BS on the net. Scroll down to the "gear ratios" section for more info. http://www.hotbikeweb.com/tech/0808_hbkp_dyno_tuning_for_engine/dyno_testing_and_gear_ratios.html

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think what Blastap said is dead-on true, even for cars.
I'm betting he did those pulls on a DJ dyno. I've read/been told the same is also true with cars and trucks on DJ dynos. Some DJ sheets I've seen of 3rd gear pulls vs. 4th and 5th gear pulls show that the 3rd gear pull is usually the lowest. So in this case, if Rex can get around the speed limiter issure and redline it in 5th, it might actually read higher than his 4th gear pull. :biggrin: I haven't a clue about the CF for temp and all that other stuff, I'm just talking about the gearing that is used on the dyno.

This gear ratio argument has to do with engine loading. A motor has less load on it in 3rd gear than in 5th gear. That's also why rear gear ratio changes don't take well to the dyno if you go from 3.15 to a 3.73 or something like that and keep the same tire diameter.

I've also read that because of these loading factors, eddy current dynos are much better at producing consistent power readings no matter what gear you're in. I wish I had both dynos next to me to test this out because I'm 99% sure it's true.

This is from a streetbike website, but I believe the same is true for cars as well. Why wouldn't it be? So read up DJM Direct. Your comments on doing a dyno pull in 1st gear make no sense for producing a high output dyno sheet. Maybe it was a wacky dyno, but you are also contributing to the amount of BS on the net. Scroll down to the "gear ratios" section for more info. http://www.hotbikeweb.com/tech/0808_hbkp_dyno_tuning_for_engine/dyno_testing_and_gear_ratios.html

Awesome ^^. F it Rex. Maybe once you get your new parts installed, and that bad boy is up and running, us in the "XRU Family" should contribute to you getting multiple dyno runs done. A few pulls on the Dyno Jet dyno, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and the same on a dyno dynamics/mustang dyno in the same gears. That will shut them all up.

RJDoute

Reaction score
I've got 50 bucks. And another 100 if anyone near Balboa will go kick him in the brown nose. His head is so far up Norcal's ass he can probably taste what he had for dinner.

And -respect for Norcal for starting all of this. He may offer DJM, but I still think he should get das boot. I hate drama, and I hate immature drama even more. Lets just stay off their SS site and maybe he'll stay off ours. :top:

Ryan

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
you guys can take this and kwigs post as reasons why dyno's are so different. Look at thiese numbers, and look at the numbers from kwigs post, kwigs are way off. so its obvious numbers can be flawed. Lay off the heat for a little while till we can clear things up with another dyno run when it comes time.

DJM DIRECT

Reaction score
Nah I wont get booted from here :) Saving guys money on the site means a lot to others and many dont care that i called bs on dyno numbers so life goes on.

like i said on my site

"I do give him probs on a bad ass set up yes but posting true numbers would be the way to finish the project."

Get that clutch fixed, 10 psi tune or whatever and then take it to the track and ill have some guys show up to race you and will be all fun. Sorry about some guys on my site just like some here they go overboard. We have 12.20-13.5 secondtrucks that will come out and race so im sure turbo xr will give the mid 12 second guys some good runs.

I'll leave it at that and get that trucks bugs worked out and take that thing to the track show us what it can do.

im surprised took you guys this long to figure out my 1st gear dyno and 1000 rwhp lol. Good job im glad people dont believe everything they read on the net.

5th gear/10 psi-- ill say should run 12.70s. 60 foots should be 1.7s easy on 275 40 17 mt drag rads.

Last edited:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Nah I wont get booted from here :) Saving guys money on the site means a lot to others and many dont care that i called bs on dyno numbers so life goes on.

like i said on my site

"I do give him probs on a bad ass set up yes but posting true numbers would be the way to finish the project."

Get that clutch fixed, 10 psi tune or whatever and then take it to the track and ill have some guys show up to race you and will be all fun. Sorry about some guys on my site just like some here they go overboard. We have 12.20-13.5 secondtrucks that will come out and race so im sure turbo xr will give the mid 12 second guys some good runs.

I'll leave it at that and get that trucks bugs worked out and take that thing to the track show us what it can do.

im surprised took you guys this long to figure out my 1st gear dyno and 1000 rwhp lol. Good job im glad people dont believe everything they read on the net.

5th gear/10 psi-- ill say should run 12.70s. 60 foots should be 1.7s easy on 275 40 17 mt drag rads.

Dude, the big problem is the fact that Rexrunner could only post what he was given. Having no knowledge of dynos myself, if I went and had my truck dyno'd, I would post the results I was given, and this is what Rexrunner did. He wasn't trying to post BS dyno sheets, nor was he trying to fool anyone. It is what he had to show, so he showed it. I, also, understand where you are coming from, and agree that a more than double increase in horsepower does not really make since, and is pretty much unheard of. However, every vehicle is different, every setup is different, every result is different, and nothing is impossible.No one, and I mean know one is going to know the real/actual results until Rexrunner dynos again, and when he does, I am fairly certain he will provide all the requested information the second go round.

He did not have the information you asked for, and even said so, but people kept asking. Also, adding Balboa into the mix makes everything HORRIBLY worse. Balboa pretty much worshiped this site until he got banned. Once he got banned, it was nothing but hate, calling this place kiddy central, romper room, etc. He says it is full of kids, yet the majority are in the mid to late 20s, some much older. No offense at all to CustomTacos, or it's members, but it has more younger people by far than XR-U does. All Balboa does is attempt to give this site a bad name, as well as anybody who do not agree with him. He did just that over on your forum. Also, Balboas true lack of knowledge when it comes to performance is astounding in some areas. He claims to have years of experience, yet when he tries to comepare PSI and HP numbers between a supercharger and a turbocharger, it makes me wonder...

Also, one more thing, no offense to any of the members of the SS forum, but what gives any of them the right to talk down about the vehicles others drive? I read that entire thread, and some of the comments made by the SS members where rude and uncalled for. No body went over there bragging, nor did anyone go over and bag on the vehicles they drove, so what gives them the right to?

Last edited:

DJM DIRECT

Reaction score
my site has a call out section which lots of racing goes on. Shit talking goes on on that section just like street racing i do here in norcal.

I made the site because i talk shit at street races str8 up and thats how I have that section set up. then again you have to watch out for the fisting comments.

RJDoute

Reaction score
Well said Mike. Useless reply DJM. I think the members of this site have made themselves perfectly clear in regards to this matter in a very mature way. All other parties involved have been ridiculously rude and childish.

Like I said, maybe if we stay off that SS site, he'll leave everyone here alone. Otherwise he can join Balboa and Brad as far as I'm concerned. :top:

I miss you Brad. :p

Ryan

DJM DIRECT

Reaction score
Well said Mike. Useless reply DJM. I think the members of this site have made themselves perfectly clear in regards to this matter in a very mature way. All other parties involved have been ridiculously rude and childish.

Like I said, maybe if we stay off that SS site, he'll leave everyone here alone. Otherwise he can join Balboa and Brad as far as I'm concerned. :top:

I miss you Brad. :p

Ryan

Nah ill still be here sorry :) im not going anywhere.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Why are you so concerned with him running a tbss? He just spent alot of time building this, well before you joind the site, maybe give him some time to get his custom setup finished before trying to setup races? idk just a thought lol.

5000XD

Reaction score
Rex let us know how much money you need for the next dyno, and maybe at another shop.

I'm in to put some money on the table to get this done for you (us, the real X-Runner enthusiasts). I'm sick of all this stupid bs talk.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Rex let us know how much money you need for the next dyno, and maybe at another shop.

I'm in to put some money on the table to get this done for you (us, the real X-Runner enthusiasts). I'm sick of all this stupid bs talk.

I support this as well, let us know how much it will cost to re dyno, and I will gladly chip in what I can.

ntinhri

Reaction score
omg- ONE LIFE TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT COMES ON AT 2PM ON CHANNEL 7 GUYS...

rat7761

Reaction score
my site has a call out section which lots of racing goes on. Shit talking goes on on that section just like street racing i do here in norcal.

I made the site because i talk shit at street races str8 up and thats how I have that section set up. then again you have to watch out for the fisting comments.

You should keep the crap talking to your site then. This site doesn't condone street racing and sh#$ talking. The place to race is at the track.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay - I've watched this thread go on long enough. I think that all the relevant information has been brought forth by all parties and I don't see any need for this thread to be continued at this point in time.

Rex - please feel free to post a new thread when new numbers are available - if you choose. I know what it's like having to defend yourself at every turn and quite frankly, it gets old. So it's completely up to you friend if you want to or not. Bottom line is that YOU know how fast your truck is and the precise number on the screen is irrelevant IMO. A good friend of mine said,"A dyno is only good for getting a baseline on YOUR truck and comparing modifications to that baseline. It's NOT a sufficient ruler to base your truck up against others. There are simply too many variables." <-- and I agree 100%.

As far as the forum is concerned --- the members that are true XRUers know how we roll around here. And no one is 100% safe from the ban stick on this site. We don't wield it with a strong arm, but we use it when we (the staff) feel it's necessary; and in 2½ years we've only used it 4 times. We listen to our members and complaints resonate throughout the decision makers here. So if you ever have something to say, please PM me or one of the other staff members. We all talk to one another regarding all site-wide issues so feel free and welcome to send thoughts when necessary.

Blah blah... and thread closed (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom