Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6 Speed Xrunner Transmission

X-roller

Reaction score
Yep just like the title says. I need a new transmission so if anyone has one for sale i'm willing to drive to pick up within a certain radius or if this XRU family can come together and find me one at a junkyard or at a good price. thanks fellas i appreciate it. I have plans for my transmission that I have now since I have issues with it. I'm just gonna beef it up and then go from there. PMs are appreciated since I get messages sent to my phone when that does happen. Thank you a bunch for everyone's support and well in helping me find one. :top:

Edit* Who else uses our transmission? Will the 2010 camaro or Cadillac CTS one work for our trucks??

$100 Dollar Finders Fee if I purchase the one you find for me!!!

Last edited:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Hey bro, I'll check the local junkyard here in town and check out our local LKQ (which is a barely used auto parts) on Monday.

X-roller

Reaction score
2010 Camaro, 2004 Holden VZ Commodore, 2005 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Toyota Tacoma (including the X-Runner), 2006 Holden VE Commodore

These are all the same transmission! Thanks to all that help. If you do find something and I have some spare cash i'll spare ya the change for anyone that helps me. Thanks a lot peeps.

Coupe

Reaction score
While this transmission is in several different cars, the shifter arrangement varies. The mounts may also. I know for a fact, the shifter in the Camaro is different.

X-roller

Reaction score
Well worst case scenario the casings will be different which is not biggie for me. I can always swap out shells.

ntinhri

Reaction score
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ I like the way you think!

X-roller

Reaction score
Ha thanks. I'm trained in transmissions which is why I am the one who started the transmission issue thread. I really am looking forward to splitting this casing open to see what I find but I can't until I get another transmission. I'm also gonna see what I can do to build it up. I wanna fix the issue that this transmission has... rumor has it that the same transmission is used in the FT86. Which means they built it up somehow and if they use them in the v6 2010 camaros that's still a lot more power than our 6 can produce and seems like no issues I have heard so far about the transmission being shitty so I wanna know what they did to beef them up.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Im not a trained expert, but aint scared to crack one open and poke around, hell Id even swap parts..

ntinhri

Reaction score
the fork is way different, not same mounting point, look how the drive shaft hooks up, (ours slides in), there is alot different in this trans and ours..

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
How do you get trained in transmissions?

Swapping shells? LOL dude...if it was that easy.

X-roller

Reaction score
Yeah the rear yolk is different but that's fine. I can use the rear yolk from the X's transmissions. If I had a press I would just press out the syncros and put new ones in and find a way to fix the forks or shorten the shaft for the shift forks for all gears.

ntinhri

Reaction score
that entire shell is differnt.. It also looks way longer.. but even the mounting points to the engine is all wronge

X-roller

Reaction score
How do you get trained in transmissions?

Swapping shells? LOL dude...if it was that easy.

???.......... what?.... How do you get trained?... How do you learn to read a book? How do you learn to drive? How do you learn to type? How do you learn at all?..... The guts are the same they just have a different casing. Every casing has it's specs but it is called an Aisin Ay6 for a reason not because of the exterior design but the guts that are used for it. It's not like a motors branding. A motors branding has a lot to do with distinct details which describes it with it's branding.

that entire shell is differnt.. It also looks way longer.. but even the mounting points to the engine is all wronge

Yeah but like I said. Worst case i'll just swap out the guts.

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
clutchinstall033.jpg

clutchinstall043.jpg

Top Bottom