Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A Day Well Spent

HiTek21

Reaction score
Spent the day laying out Dynamat Xtreme on the floor and rear wall. I got a box of 9 sheets for a total of 36 sq ft and it was barely enough to do the floor and rear wall. I was surpised how easy it was to remove the interior, I figured removing the rear seat back would be difficult but everything is pretty much held together by plastic clips. Unfortunatly it did not really change much interior noise that I can tell at least.

IMG_0638a.jpg

IMG_0639a.jpg

IMG_0640a.jpg

IMG_0641a.jpg

IMG_0642a.jpg

IMG_0643a.jpg

IMG_0644a.jpg

IMG_0645a.jpg

IMG_0646a.jpg

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
That looks like a tedious task for a lazy person such as myself, kudos to you bro :top:.

HiTek21

Reaction score
I took it around the block and it sounded the same as before. the road noise sounded a little bit lower but I can't tell for sure. i'd have to take it on the highway to really see if theres difference. I think if I did the doors i'd notice more of a difference.

JacksonJ

Reaction score
You'll notice more with the doors because the floor is already carpeted already reducing the sound.

Yallrun

Reaction score
Crank you tunes, then you'll notice big time. It will sound cleaner. Road noise whould be cut down allot as well. Did you roll it out once you got it down?

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
the mat will reduce vibration. put some ensolite foam on top of that and it will block alot of the road noise.

doing the door will be noticable

Justin

overdriven

Reaction score
Thats my next project. I did my rear doors because of the xtreme creations panels and noticed a small diff. I planned on the rear wall and the floor up to the front seats next. After seeing gadgets truck though, I 'm going to do the front doors too.

eXuser01

Reaction score
dont u get nervous taking ur whole intertior apart?? i get scared when im removing the cup holer let alone the whole thing but good job and those seat covers are sick

HiTek21

Reaction score
I was hesitant to remove everything but it wasn't too bad. I used the factory service manual on NCTTORA to see what holds everything together before doing it.

I'm going to order another box of the bulk pack dynamat xtreme to do the doors and roof. I'm thinking of getting the dynaliner for the hood. I'll probably hold of on installing until I get some of the ensolite.

Super Werty

Reaction score
yea you gotta do the doors, then you will really notice the diff

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Nice work, i will be doing the Raamat (sp?) and ensolite soon... heard how quiet Justins was and i gotta do it too....

X-Runnin

Reaction score
I only did the doors and it helped a whole lot none of that annoying rattle like before

HiTek21

Reaction score
at it again

I spent about 11 hours today installing RAAMmat BXT and Ensolite MLC on my doors today. I'm happy with the results, the 2500rpm droan is toned down a lot on the freeway now. Most of the road noise is gone, most of the noise is engine noise from the TRD Intake. Next week i'm going to tackle the roof and finish laying Ensolite on the floor.

Heres a clip of what the doors sound like with and without dampening.
[youtube]WtFTK-Yjx2w[/youtube]

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Wow it looks like a all day job...

Nice Work! :top:

Top Bottom