Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A good looking, working antenna!

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
I prefer the short stubby antenna's like the cravenspeed, but since I'm still rockin the stock radio in a '06 I need to get radio reception, and those short antenna's just aren't making the cut.
I found a stockish looking replacement at Autozone for about 13 bucks.

cc7e0356.jpg

It's a 17" Raptor spiral antenna.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...ment-mast/_/N-2623?itemIdentifier=218788_0_0_
It fits great, looks great and I'm picking up radio stations that I never knew I could pick up. I'm not sure on the size of the stock but I know that it's significantly shorter. It's very sturdy, the mast is thicker than the stock one and it's not made of rubber like some of the other ones. I haven't taken it through a car wash yet, but I'm pretty sure that it would hold up against it.

Just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone was looking to get more out of their stock radio.
Hope this helps!

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
good weather you're having there. Antenna looks good.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Not bad, but you could nave just done the honda s2000 antenna mod

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
*IrunnIt* said:

X2 on the s2k. It's 7" and works WAYYYYY better than the craven stubby

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score

Lol yeah I could've, but Autozone offers a lazy way to mod lol
1. Remove packaging
2. place antenna
3. tighten

Just something quick to whip on there. If I don't like it, I may do the s2000.

Messenger

Reaction score
Does the antenna fit very snug in the base or is there some play? I had an aftermarket shorter antenna on for a while but it got a little bit loose after some time so the stocker is back. The one you got looks great though.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
S2K antenna FTW! its ONLY little bit bigger then craven but works WAYYYYY better!

cramersec

Reaction score
I was looking at those the other day. Thanks for the info. How big a mistake can you make for $13?

Steve

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Does the antenna fit very snug in the base or is there some play? I had an aftermarket shorter antenna on for a while but it got a little bit loose after some time so the stocker is back. The one you got looks great though.
It's pretty snug. I was thinking the same thing, mostly worried about it just snapping off at the threads. But it's pretty solid, seems to be the same as stock just looks better IMO.

I was looking at those the other day. Thanks for the info. How big a mistake can you make for $13?

Exactly what I was thinking! :top:
If I don't like it, I don't mind paying a few bucks to find out that I didn't. But so far I'm pretty satisfied. Well spent.

RunnerofX

Reaction score
i got the craven one and i like the look... but on the other hand i dont listen to the radio much anyways so i dont really need it to work. it does get good reception but of course there are times where i get a small bit of static but i dont really use my radio. yours looks good but for me i like the height of the craven

cramersec

Reaction score
Seven bucks, baby!

Went by Pep Boys and picked up this antenna for $7. I didn't need a stubby, just something shorter than the roof so my boats don't get hung up going on and off. No modding required; screws right in. Reception is as good as the stocker. :blurock:

Steve

Attachments

• T_IMG_20120207_141522.jpg
    T_IMG_20120207_141522.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 69
  • T_IMG_20120207_141449.jpg
    T_IMG_20120207_141449.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom