Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Acceleration Video Wars! Post your best Acceleration Videos

X-roller

Reaction score
Dang. i need a GPS to do mine. Since my tires are bigger speed shows slower. Especially the faster I'm going. I can still do it though. Post it up in the next few days.

I don't think you would be affected...Your miles per hour would still increase at the same speed....Your MPH is only affected by how fast you are going...not by how fast you accelerate. So your 40 - 90 time is really only being affected by getting this big bad boys moving...so it's really just slowing your acceleration down....so if anything the 40 - 90 time would be accurate....now if we were going from a dig then yes your time would be affected because we wouldn't know when you get to a certain MPH

STONER-X

Reaction score
no handicaps for torsdp

maybe for trd_sport....... he has an auto..... and can still miss gears.... haha for both jk

RedXr

Reaction score
I don't think you would be affected...Your miles per hour would still increase at the same speed....Your MPH is only affected by how fast you are going...not by how fast you accelerate. So your 40 - 90 time is really only being affected by getting this big bad boys moving...so it's really just slowing your acceleration down....so if anything the 40 - 90 time would be accurate....now if we were going from a dig then yes your time would be affected because we wouldn't know when you get to a certain MPH

If he knew exactly how far off the tires make his speed, then he could calculate. If his speeds are off, and he has the needle at 40mph, then he's not really doing 40, and in all fairness, isnt going to be 100% accurate.

All in all, we are just looking at acceleration tho, it would be awesome for you to post those torspd.:top:

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
well it will still be fair, lets say its not really 40 mph. if he does and accleration from 40-90 he is still accelerating 50 mph. but in reality he might be doing a 45-95 roll. so than maybe torsp can do a 35-85 roll to be fair. just a suggestion

RedXr

Reaction score
Yes he is accelerating 50mph, but he is not at the same rpm that we are, so it may or may not be a better or worse result in power. Really only torspd knows at this point, if he feels good about his 40-90, then thats fine by me. I want people to post THEIR BEST 40-90 that they got.

X-roller

Reaction score
that's exaclty what I meant to say. thanks cali

ntinhri

Reaction score
how is watching a video and timing it is accurate? how about post up some x-1 logs............

RedXr

Reaction score
how is watching a video and timing it is accurate? how about post up some x-1 logs............

How about you post a video with your log time? Then we can see how accurate this will work.

Super Werty

Reaction score
steve's truck hates him. so it will be two completely different times:laugh:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score

Youd be surprised how accurate stop watch timing is between two points with the correct start and stop.

It compares very well to log results.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. I have two videos. 1st one is starting in 2nd gear, and the second vid is started in 3rd gear. To have a viewable difference. Speedo shows 40-90, and looks slow as sin. This link calculates actual speed. http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_tire/tire.php
So the true speed in nearer 46-102mph. For those who want to enter the #'s : stock tire 265/70R16. "Upgrade tire" 320/70R17. (Closest size to a 35x12.5 R17) Then just look on the graph below.

Basically start the timer at shown 40mph and stop at 85. Gives a 50mph run. Not to bad for a 4500 lbs truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6gKje1Zvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYgYBSSVhHs

Last edited:

Super Werty

Reaction score
^ thats not 12-13 psi is it? Your lift and tires hurt your top end alot...still fast though:rockon:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
awesome videos mark...:rockon:

1 day buddy...I will be rolling like you...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
^ thats not 12-13 psi is it? Your lift and tires hurt your top end alot...still fast though:rockon:

Yeah, it is. Like I said, it looks slow as a sloth, but....if you start the time right at 7 seconds(in the 2nd vid), then stop at 85mph, it is about 7 seconds for the run. Much faster than it looks, and that is for a 46-96 run.:top:

awesome videos mark...:rockon:

1 day buddy...I will be rolling like you...

Thank you sir. Can't wait:adore:

Before this tune, Xrunnit and I did a little impromptu roll, from about 50-100. On that tune I couldn't go full throttle and was running 8 Psi. By the end of the run, his bumper was a foot or two in front of mine. He can comfirm or deny that story. It is running much better than that know, so don't all be fooled by what you are looking at.

Last edited:

XxRuNnAxX

Reaction score
I personally think its sick... and love that sound!:top:

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Nice videos guys. I would post some but it'll probably be like 10 secs. Haha

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Ok. I have two videos. 1st one is starting in 2nd gear, and the second vid is started in 3rd gear. To have a viewable difference. Speedo shows 40-90, and looks slow as sin. This link calculates actual speed. http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_tire/tire.php
So the true speed in nearer 46-102mph. For those who want to enter the #'s : stock tire 265/70R16. "Upgrade tire" 320/70R17. (Closest size to a 35x12.5 R17) Then just look on the graph below.

Basically start the timer at shown 40mph and stop at 85. Gives a 50mph run. Not to bad for a 4500 lbs truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO6gKje1Zvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYgYBSSVhHs

Sounds awesome dude!

Lets get some mkii videos in this thread, wtf?

Last edited:

Gutz

Reaction score
All these vids are awesome...:top: That turbo setup sounds killer....

Top Bottom