Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aem ems vs ucon vs cams

Aem ems vs ucon vs cams

• Aem ems

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Ucon

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Cams

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
tuner first.
Which one depends on who is installing and the knowledge they have about the truck and tuning it.
If you have/are an aem guru that knows toyota I would go that route. Installing yourself with little knowledge of tuning, or don't want to mess around with much then the UCON is probably a better choice.

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
There is a so called "certified tuner" for AEM here, but I've seen some of the tuning curves, and it's rediculous. In this case, I'd rather go with the UConn.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Ya same here in va,a place called ptuning is supposively aem certified,only probelm with the ucon no one around here knows how to "tune it" even though it tunes it self,but i would like a tune setup for vp 109 and launch control

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
My own build would dictate a full standalone, if I were getting something other than a UCON. That would mean the AEM Infinity alone. Given the choices.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya same here in va,a place called ptuning is supposively aem certified,only probelm with the ucon no one around here knows how to "tune it" even though it tunes it self,but i would like a tune setup for vp 109 and launch control

Only URD can tune the UCON. They can do it remotely or send you a new file to load, after you've given them datalogs.

Coupe

Reaction score
Only URD can tune the UCON. They can do it remotely or send you a new file to load, after you've given them datalogs.

I did that with the X1. It worked pretty good.

I would load a file. Go make three or four wot runs, then sent the scans back to APR.

Then he would send me me a fresh file to load.

I was happy with the results.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I deff feel like i can be in the 13's once i get a tuner,a i have alotta diff parts on this one,and it deff feels fast for no tuner,track opens up begining of march so im sure ill have something and will put this bad boy in the 13.7-13.8s

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
There seems to be an option missing.... no "LS swap" box....

AEM has my vote. Proven time and time again, and my experience with the UCON led to "mixed" results to say the least. A tuner would help with any cams if you do choose to go that route.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Tune is key no matter what you use. But if you want cams you would need to tune it anyways..

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
There seems to be an option missing.... no "LS swap" box....

AEM has my vote. Proven time and time again, and my experience with the UCON led to "mixed" results to say the least. A tuner would help with any cams if you do choose to go that route.

True hahaha

Top Bottom