Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Aftermarket Fuel Rail???

EMS Guy

Reaction score
Here are the stats from APR, for their fuel rail. :top:

APR 4.0L Toyota Fuel Rails
APR Fuel Rail kits are high-performance fuel delivery system that is designed to properly
supply the additional fuel needed for high boost/performance applications. The kit can be
ordered in various stages from rails only to a fully assembled set of rails with a high flow
adjustable regulator that will support our massive 386L in-tank fuel pump.
These kits are direct bolt-on replacements of factory fuel rails, complete kits include all
stainless steel braded hoses and AN factory style quick disconnects for quick and easy
installation. Utilizes the factory fuel dampener to prevent unwanted pulsation pressures,
there are two 1/8” female pipe taps for pressure transducers, gauges or additional fueling
devices. APR Fuel Rails are machined out of aluminum and are hard black anodized for
protection.
The 4.0L fuel rails are offered in 5 different configurations:

1) $389 Fuel Rails Only – includes all mounting hardware and four -6AN rail end fittings

2) $569 Complete Fuel Rails less regulator – includes all parts needed to assemble and install (less regulator)

3) $689 Complete Fuel Rails – includes regulator and everything needed to assemble and install

4) $749 Assembled Fuel Rails - SS hoses are cut and assembled, includes regulator and everything needed to install

5) $928 Assembled Fuel Rails and 386L pump

Looks like it finally came out.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad there aren't other vendors making something as well. ;) Hint hint.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
1GRracer has one, but not installed. Mine is installed. DoubllD had one installed, but now has a different engine.

What kind of information are you looking for?

05X-Runner

Reaction score
I have two sets and I have one in place. I just have to get some braided hoses the right length along with fittings.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I posted the pictures in my build thread. Factory quick connect to 3/8" or -6AN, into fuel filter. Then -8AN Aeroquip PTFE hose from filter to rail to FPR. Then -6AN back.

Toyota Tech

Reaction score
Hmm, can't find these anywhere? : /

And they aren't shown on APR's Website unless im blind : / would really like some red ones...

Gadget

Reaction score
There is nothing to see there, move along.....

05X-Runner

Reaction score
I think I posted the pictures in my build thread. Factory quick connect to 3/8" or -6AN, into fuel filter. Then -8AN Aeroquip PTFE hose from filter to rail to FPR. Then -6AN back.

Ok, I'll look for it in your build thread.

Gadget

Reaction score
Just wondering, is this something you just want to do, or is it something you think you must have for the power level you are running?

G

05X-Runner

Reaction score
Just wondering, is this something you just want to do, or is it something you think you must have for the power level you are running?

G

For the power level! Different fuel pump and regulator.

Toyota Tech

Reaction score

G

Well you and I both know I don't need it yet at the power levels im at, I don't see a problem ever to be honest. Also I already have an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator tapped into my stock fuel rail and a 7th injector, so I don't need it for that either.

I do however think it would look really cool! Also I know were talking rediculously small gains here... but aluminum or metal in general dissipates heat better than the stock composite rail right? (again I know laughably small gains here.)

Gadget

Reaction score
Trust me here, I am not trying to piss on anyone's parade, but I just don't see the need for this.

I am well over 600 crank and don't see any evidence that there is a problem with the stock rails.

Now if you are worried about heat transfer, plastic does not conduct any heat, aluminum will. Aluminum will soak up heat from the engine and transfer it into the fuel. Of course I have never bought into this cooling fuel is better stuff anyway, I think heating it is better.

If you want I can take a set of my spare rails and cut them up and show what the cross section is and how smooth the transition from the cross over pipe is or isn't.

G

Toyota Tech

Reaction score
Definitely not necessary but also attests to your dedication, I appreciate it Gadget, but again not necessary.

Just want the bling! ;)

Anyone have a set they would part with?

Top Bottom