Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Air condition leak

wleldred

Reaction score
The other day while changing my oil I notice the I have a refrigerant leak coming from the condensor. I say its a leak I can see green dye around the line on the passenger side bottom of the condensor. The A/C is working ok for now and I will keep an eye on it. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Not me but... Yeah man, you got warranty, take it in before it gets worst.

quicky06

Reaction score
you dont have warrrenty. Ac systems are not covered under the warrenty. well atleast not the extended warrenty. my condensor has a small leak in it too. the effects of driving 20 miles down highway 60 each way everyday for a year an a half.

toyota wants somewhere between 6 and 700 for a new condensor. Readiair wants for 3 hundred. no need to put an overpriced yota part in it.
r
but you cant just disconnect it you have to evacuate the system which requires equipment you need a liscencse to use. the minimum fine for knowingly releaseing freon into the air is 25k.

not trying to scare just trying to get the point across to get a shop to do it. they shouldnt chare more than 1.5 hours labor. our shop charges 150 for an evac and recharge. you have to hold the system at 28"hg for atleast 15 min to get the water outta the system.

you could go to a shop and have them suck it down then dp the repair yourself then have them suck it down and charge it but there is going to be an Oring on each of the lines going to the condensor and the parts sometimes come with them sometimes dont. they are not ordinary o rings so they can be dificult to get ahold of in small quanities we have a large selection at work that cost almost a grand but we make money of of that.

so you can do it your self but i wouldnt sujest it, im not this saying this because i make LOTS of money off ac work, im saying this because if ur ac still blows cold and your out of warrenty just leave it be and if it gets warm go to a shope and have them do an evac and recharge and see where that gets you.

we do have THE easiest condensor ive ever changed(customers car)

Edit: looked at work calls for 2.9 hours and readiare wants 309

Last edited:

wleldred

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
I was kinda whating to know if this is a big problem, I was thinking about it and I know that or trucks at work (Freightliners) are having a problem with the condensor splitting at or just below the line.
If there is only one or two problems reported maybe its just an o-ring. Hopefully!!
My truck only has a little over 20,000 miles on it but I hate the dealership so much here that I will probably will just do the repair my self unless it needs a condensor (then I will drive 2 hours to the next dealer) but only becuase of the price of the part. I'm what you called certified, I guess, and I have papers,--HA HA-- ASE master heavy truck, ASE master automotive ,etc. etc.

I've never heard of Readiair. Is this an online supplier or a local one? Always looking for a good parts house.

Top Bottom