Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Air Intake Opinions

dwayne53

Reaction score
im really wantin to get a cold air intake for my x but im not real sure which one to get....is there really gonna be that much difference between one or the other......im prolly gonna go with the injen intake that pumo420 is sellin cause its such a steal but i was just curious of everybodys opinion

THE MACF

Reaction score
trd, k+n, afe, injen, urd, I believe k+n makes the trd but don't quote me

i have the TRD just because it's Toyota. Have to stay faithful......Kind of:biggrin:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
All in all, most are superbly content with either the Urd, or the Trd.(or afe) I personally have run the K&N and Trd intake and must say those are pretty good bang for the buck. And I have ridden insome urd trucks and those intakes are damn nice! So its a cost factor for you as well as personal preference. But if your like I did, I bought the K&N used for a steal of a price, and then upgraded, perhaps its a sign for you. Id try the injen. If not, you can always sell it :top:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
trd, k+n, afe, injen, urd, I believe k+n makes the trd but don't quote me

i have the TRD just because it's Toyota. Have to stay faithful......Kind of:biggrin:

AFE makes the TRD intake:top:

All in all, most are superbly content with either the Urd, or the Trd.(or afe) I personally have run the K&N and Trd intake and must say those are pretty good bang for the buck. And I have ridden insome urd trucks and those intakes are damn nice! So its a cost factor for you as well as personal preference. But if your like I did, I bought the K&N used for a steal of a price, and then upgraded, perhaps its a sign for you. Id try the injen. If not, you can always sell it :top:

yeah i bought the K&N intake for a steal:biggrin: as well and love it! it screams when you go WOT if i hadn't gotten it I would have got the TRD. my only drawback with the URD intake is yo have to cut the radiator support and its not compatable with the TRD blower.

moonrunner

Reaction score
I have the AFE intake and I really like it.The intake along with the throttle body spacer at open throttle make a great sound.

Colbster

Reaction score
I have the AEM Bruteforce...it sounds decent, but I kinda wish I would have bought a different intake....ah well, it looks better painted at least :laugh:

XRYDER

Reaction score
The URD with the MAF calibrator is the best bet for intakes i think.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
TRD is my favorite. Enclosed and water tight

cbfields4

"The Wedding Crasher"
Reaction score
I had a Volant with the scoop, it was nice. But, I'm really enjoying my TRD.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
i always recommend the trd or afe. but u wont find me trading/selling my k&n now (except for maybe one other). another option that is always overlooked is the True Flow XDI. I've never heard any real feedback on that one though. I personally wouldn't ever run a URD tcai on my truck. Too many things about the design that i don't like.

Top Bottom