Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alright...so....rims?

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
Hey guys so im trying to see if i should paint the rims on my Red X black color
i've painted rims before and its nothing too big-
just want some recommendations on what is the best paint to use
and maybe some pics of a barcelona red x with black rims? :biggrin:

looking into buying some rims too so thats also something i'd like to get info and pics on if
anyone can help me out id really appreciate it :top:

easts1d3

Reaction score
If you can, get them powder coated.
Much more durable than paint

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
yeah thats $50 a piece at this place by my house

but i work almost everyday and i need my truck, they need to keep them for a bit to do them and i
cant be truckless for more than a day :frown:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
You can just go to lowes n get everythang or dipyourcar.com has some crazy stuff

jwg256

Reaction score
I bought 4 cans of plastidip for the rims but I'm debating if I should blackem out yet. bsp wit black wheels look sik but I have chrome door handles lol. if anyone wit a bsp that wants to trade hit me up

Murderface

Reaction score
Plasti dip is great because if u don't like it u can peel it right off. Personally I'd get Duplicolor Hi Performance Wheel Coating in black, spray entire can on rim, then get the clear in Hi Performance Wheel Coating and spray entire wheel. This is how I did my Dak R/T I had about 5 yrs ago. Sold the rims when the truck was totaled and see the owner once in a while, rims still have no chips in the paint. I tried only using the black with no clear on my X and I've got some chips in the paint, still undecided to redo them how I had the Dakota R/T or do them with plastidip in black and clear plastidip

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
Plasti dip is great because if u don't like it u can peel it right off. Personally I'd get Duplicolor Hi Performance Wheel Coating in black, spray entire can on rim, then get the clear in Hi Performance Wheel Coating and spray entire wheel. This is how I did my Dak R/T I had about 5 yrs ago. Sold the rims when the truck was totaled and see the owner once in a while, rims still have no chips in the paint. I tried only using the black with no clear on my X and I've got some chips in the paint, still undecided to redo them how I had the Dakota R/T or do them with plastidip in black and clear plastidip

thats what im thinking im sure ill like it alot better all blacked out, sounds like the clear make a big difference....does it make them look different? any body got pics of with and with no clear?

Murderface

Reaction score
thats what im thinking im sure ill like it alot better all blacked out, sounds like the clear make a big difference....does it make them look different? any body got pics of with and with no clear?

heres my Dakota R/T rims with clear and X without. If u spray a whole can of black on there u will get no orange peel what so ever. Notice how good those R/T rims look! Now u could always use plasti dip black and clear and it will be less shiney then my R/T rims but more shiney then the X rims

Attachments

• P1010120.jpg
    P1010120.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC00102.jpg
    DSC00102.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 140

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
heres my Dakota R/T rims with clear and X without. If u spray a whole can of black on there u will get no orange peel what so ever. Notice how good those R/T rims look! Now u could always use plasti dip black and clear and it will be less shiney then my R/T rims but more shiney then the X rims

im kinda digging the ones on your X now that is the color i want i dont want them to be shiny, what kind of paint did you use on the ones on your x now>?

Murderface

Reaction score
im kinda digging the ones on your X now that is the color i want i dont want them to be shiny, what kind of paint did you use on the ones on your x now>?

I used the Duplicolor hi performance wheel coating in black

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I think im gonna clear coat the plasti dip on my flares than use that stuff on my rims

rexrunner

Reaction score
What kind of clear is safe over plastidip?Dont they flex at different rates causing the clear to flake off?

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I have no klew yet lol imma do it next saturday n ill let u know

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
I used the Duplicolor hi performance wheel coating in black

sounds awesome! im gonna do them this weekend im off!

thank the lord:adore:

and i can finally get to work on my love, so how many cans did you use? and did you sand or prep them in any special way or just cleaned them and went for it?

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom