Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AMD or Intel?

Which processor should I go with?

• Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Processor

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • AMD Phenom II X4 Quad-Core Processor

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
7/16" man im telling you it really isn't too bad and is way more leak proof, spit on it a little bit and she goes right in with a little push and really no effort. :laugh: It grabs the barb tight and the ID transition doesn't change.

Yeah that could do it lol, I usually spread thermal paste with an old credit card or a cut out square of packaging plastic (lets me put it on nice and thin/even). I hate getting that crap on my fingers, its just as bad as antiseize. You ever notice that thermal paste and antiseize always manage to get on you and everything else no matter what?

The Tygon R3603 hose is very flexible and soft (which is good), it cuts like butter with a decent brand new razor blade.

My peak temps really don't vary with either application.

I scooped those 45 swivel fittings right up when I first saw them - 18 bucks for 4 swivel 45s is a BANGING deal.

I have a hard on for those fittings - you can point your hose anywhere and use any barb you want. Its also sweet because you can remove the barb with out removing the hose.

That feser coolant tastes like shit though - it almost tastes like that bitter sour apple shit you spray on your stuff so your dog doesn't chew on it.

:-D

I just ordered everything like two hours ago, lol. I thought about the 7/16, but I got the 1/2 anyway. Yea, I saw the swivels in your pics, and said, I need some of those. Funny I ordered the exact same ones you did without knowing the brand, lol. I got two for my rad, and two for my block.

Also, dare I ask how/why you tasted the Feser coolant, lol. But yea, as far as slipping hoses on, I recommend a very small amount of liquid dish washing soap. Just a very tiny amount spread over the barb will make just about any hose slip right on, and it won't get mixed in with your coolant.

The reason I asked if those 920 temps were from Prime blend, is because I get much lower temps from that, it's about a 10 degree difference. Nearly everyone gets that much of a difference between the two tests. If I run prime on blend, I will stay in the low 60s. Even if I run IBT on standard, which is the same amount of ram tested on prime blend, I get about 8-10 degrees more with IBT. I use maximum ram when I test with IBT, which leaves me with about 150MB free during testing. It really hammers the system. Honestly, in true terms, there is no way to get prime to stress a cpu harder than IBT, it's just physically impossible.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I just ordered everything like two hours ago, lol. I thought about the 7/16, but I got the 1/2 anyway. Yea, I saw the swivels in your pics, and said, I need some of those. Funny I ordered the exact same ones you did without knowing the brand, lol. I got two for my rad, and two for my block.

Also, dare I ask how/why you tasted the Feser coolant, lol. But yea, as far as slipping hoses on, I recommend a very small amount of liquid dish washing soap. Just a very tiny amount spread over the barb will make just about any hose slip right on, and it won't get mixed in with your coolant.

The reason I asked if those 920 temps were from Prime blend, is because I get much lower temps from that, it's about a 10 degree difference. Nearly everyone gets that much of a difference between the two tests. If I run prime on blend, I will stay in the low 60s. Even if I run IBT on standard, which is the same amount of ram tested on prime blend, I get about 8-10 degrees more with IBT. I use maximum ram when I test with IBT, which leaves me with about 150MB free during testing. It really hammers the system. Honestly, in true terms, there is no way to get prime to stress a cpu harder than IBT, it's just physically impossible.

7/16 is the mans way, wtf d00d.

What can I say man, im not joshing you ive used both and set both to their max ass kick settings with no massive thermal difference.

I have a thing with tasting chemicals, I don't know... They lure me in with their cool colors and awesome smell.

It also turns your lips blue - makes you look like you were sucking on a smurf weiner.

I wanted to see if my lips/mouth would glow under UV light but I forgot to. :laugh:

SPIT man - water dries, soap stays there only to become sudsy again on water contact :-O

Spit works on everything...

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
7/16 is the mans way, wtf d00d.

What can I say man, im not joshing you ive used both and set both to their max ass kick settings with no massive thermal difference.

I have a thing with tasting chemicals, I don't know... They lure me in with their cool colors and awesome smell.

It also turns your lips blue - makes you look like you were sucking on a smurf weiner.

I wanted to see if my lips/mouth would glow under UV light but I forgot to. :laugh:

SPIT man - water dries, soap stays there only to become sudsy again on water contact :-O

Spit works on everything...

Lol@smurf weiner sucking. But yea, I'm not doubting you about the hoses, I just got what I'm used to is all. I know the very minor change probably wouldn't be any different, but I like the manliest hose possible, because I can get rough with it sometimes.

I know when I first poured that Feser coolant into a Community Coffee cup, the UVness made my eyes hurt when it reflected off the shiny white in the cup. No lie, the cup was making the shit glow, lol. I want to get a UV light now, so my shit is all glowie in my case. Any UV lights you recommend? I was thinking just a regular black light tube, if I can find one.

I'll have to try the spit method. I know me and a few other people use the soap method, and it works beautifully. The tight hose typically wipes the end of the barb clean when pushing it down, so you will NEVER get suds.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I'll have to try the spit method.
If you need help....ask Donny:rolleyez:

BTW fellas, I'm getting some retention money from Toyota around Feb 20th...

I should have enough to finish my computer.

And Mike, once I get the money, I'll PM you back on what I might take off your hands:top:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
If you need help....ask Donny:rolleyez:

BTW fellas, I'm getting some retention money from Toyota around Feb 20th...

I should have enough to finish my computer.

And Mike, once I get the money, I'll PM you back on what I might take off your hands:top:

No problem man. Btw, that Motherboard I PM'd you about, I decided to use it, so it ain't for sale anymore.

Also, Doug, apparently my Sidewinder order didn't go through this morning, so I had to redo it. I got everything I listed, but got the 7/16 ID, 11/16 OD tubing instead, happy? lol. I hope it ain't to much of a bitch to get around the 655 pump fittings, because the 1/2 ID was tough enough.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Lol@smurf weiner sucking. But yea, I'm not doubting you about the hoses, I just got what I'm used to is all. I know the very minor change probably wouldn't be any different, but I like the manliest hose possible, because I can get rough with it sometimes.

I know when I first poured that Feser coolant into a Community Coffee cup, the UVness made my eyes hurt when it reflected off the shiny white in the cup. No lie, the cup was making the shit glow, lol. I want to get a UV light now, so my shit is all glowie in my case. Any UV lights you recommend? I was thinking just a regular black light tube, if I can find one.

I'll have to try the spit method. I know me and a few other people use the soap method, and it works beautifully. The tight hose typically wipes the end of the barb clean when pushing it down, so you will NEVER get suds.

HELL YEAH - 7/16 FTMFW!!!! lol

You always use smaller hose then the barb your using it on. You do not have to worry about shit with 7/16 hose on 1/2" barbs - no matter how much you accidentally twist the hose or tug on it - it will not budge once its on and the lube has dried.

SPIT IS FREE!!! Dish soap is VERY expensive... There are ridges in between the barbs, soap always gets trapped (so does spit) - but spit evaporates away clean lol. Guess it dont matter as long as your happy with the lube your using.

I had no issues wetting the barbed tip and cramming it into the hos, hose* :-D just make sure you spit on it enough.

I do not recommend drinking the coolant, I really regretted it after; the taste lingers for quite a while and its a bitch to get the blue stain off your skin.

I use 12" UV lights (4 of them) - any will do, get the cheap ass ones (logisys? from newegg) they are pretty much all the same.

The UV coolant and fans looks bad ass in the dark.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
HELL YEAH - 7/16 FTMFW!!!! lol

You always use smaller hose then the barb your using it on. You do not have to worry about shit with 7/16 hose on 1/2" barbs - no matter how much you accidentally twist the hose or tug on it - it will not budge once its on and the lube has dried.

SPIT IS FREE!!! Dish soap is VERY expensive... There are ridges in between the barbs, soap always gets trapped (so does spit) - but spit evaporates away clean lol. Guess it dont matter as long as your happy with the lube your using.

I had no issues wetting the barbed tip and cramming it into the hos, hose* :-D just make sure you spit on it enough.

I do not recommend drinking the coolant, I really regretted it after; the taste lingers for quite a while and its a bitch to get the blue stain off your skin.

I use 12" UV lights (4 of them) - any will do, get the cheap ass ones (logisys? from newegg) they are pretty much all the same.

The UV coolant and fans looks bad ass in the dark.

I picked up a kit of two 12.8 inch UV Black lights for $5 total off some random website.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
5 bucks sounds good to me, now you can find all the semen stains in your undies.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
More case modding, yea!!!!

No more janky CPU cable all over my shit:
inside1.jpg

Mobo front panel installed:
frontpanel1.jpg

Mobo front panel in action:
frontpanel2.jpg

Mah overclock is to big!
procfire.jpg

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
God.. fuggin lamer - an HD combo drive, are you serious? :laugh:

NOICE! The board panel is pretty sweet.

I wish 50 gig BD-R discs were cheaper...

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Splurt!
5870.jpg

I'll take pics of all the newly installed stuff tonight.

Top Bottom