Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

amsoil challenge. mixed feelings.

FN5.7

Reaction score
sooo....

the 25000 amsoil guarantee, i decided to see how close i could get to it.

I drove 20534 on this batch of amsoil. I was checking the oil every other fill up until i hit 10k then i checked it every fill up.

the over all color of the oil wasn't bad until the last 1000 miles. also i was 1.25 qts less from where i started (6).

the truck never over heated or acted badly at all. the oil looked better after 20k then the mobile 1 in my brothers camry after 8k. he is just a lazy procrastinator thats why his mobile 1 was changed at 8k. his camry is 2004 so it was a similar comparison. any way i just thought some of you would like to know that it dose seem like you could go 25 k on amsoil BUT you would have to add 2 qts to keep it full. also the oil seemed pretty spent. i dont really drive this truck that hard and i will change at 15k next time.

every one i talked too (accept amsoil reps) told me not to do it and i will destroy my motor. but i had to try it.

ill keep you posted on the results of the 15k oil change. i think that will be the sweet spot for amsoil changes. anyway. not looking for negative advice or responses. this was more for people who wanted to try it but didnt want to risk it. :smile:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
i'm using the amsoil xl currently (rated for 10000 miles) changed the filter at 5000 and topped up. oil looked like it did fresh out of the can and hardly lost a drop. i'm waiting the full 10000 miles this time. i think i did 7000ish last time. oil was still good. just changed cause i was doing the tranny and rear dif, figured i might as well do it all. amsoil really is as amazing as they say it is :top:

Gadget

Reaction score
When going for extended drain intervals you are supposed to still change your oil filter on regular schedule unless you use the Amsoil oil filter, then I think you can go 10,000 miles on the filter. Keeping the filter changed is very important.

Next, on extended drain intervals you should do oil testing to get an idea how your engine and DRIVING STYLE consumes the additive package in the oil. Long distance highway driving consumes the additive package much more slowly than short trip driving in cold weather. That kind of thing.

On my 96 4Runner I did the oil testing and I had the combination full flow/bypass remote oil filter assembly and ran over 30,000 miles once on an oil change and the oil testing said I was good for much longer. With those filters the oil looked so clean it would blow your mind.

G

FN5.7

Reaction score
i get the 15k filters and i did 1 filter change at 10k. the oil looked really clean until the last 1000 miles. after 19.5k the oil started to get black. it changed color pretty quick.

Top Bottom