Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

And so the Exhaust fart began...

Xacto

Reaction score
Well guys, about three weeks ago i hit a speed bump going, i dunno MAYBE 4 mph, and i straight out smacked the frame on it. Ouch. Then a week ago, i bottomed out over a pot hole and hit the frame again.

Now, apparently this was not only the frame hitting, but the exhaust was getting smacked about as well. Sure enough, the next day after the pothole incident, started up the truck and i had a nasty exhaust leak. Here is the after math:

0526091242.jpg

And now the stock y-pipe is on, here's a compa:

0526091157.jpg

Generation-X

Reaction score
You bottomed out???? Errr anytime that I may accidentally hit someything (with the 3/4) is the bracket in front for the brace. Not sure how your exhaust would get hit first...maybe re do some of it to hang higher?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. :thumpdown:

Vince77

Reaction score
So you going to have the Y pipe repaired and throw it back on or what? I can definitely see how that could happen after getting knocked around pretty good.

joman

Reaction score
i don't know about URD fail...maybe it was the driver...*not trying to instagate...i noticed yoru drop..your not that low either...either way i'm sorry to hear aboutyour prob i hope you get it worked out...let us know how the repairs go if any..

Dallas

Reaction score
looks like hydrogen embrittlement

Sykotic336

Reaction score
damn it must have been a deep pot hole enough where it can still knock off the hanger like that on the pipe... hope you get it fixed bro. The state(s) need to fix these fricken pot holes and its funny cause if you avoid it and a cop sees you its called "reckless driving" ****ed up yeah?:eviltongue: be careful next time bro hope things go in your favor

Xacto

Reaction score
the reason why the exhaust was getting hit first was the resonator that i had welded on. It's about a half an inch lower than the frame.

yes the streets suck here. i misread the last post haha.

Top Bottom