Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Another clutch down

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Woohoo, great way to start the day... raping a prelude around a left turn, hit second... nothing. Third time in 2 years and 50000. C'mon toyota!!! Had the TO bearing squeal anyways but still sucks to see me baby on a tow truck :thumpdown:

teamben158

Reaction score
I just got my truck back from the dealer for an exploded clutch. I gotta bring it back though because now I have a really bad rattle when starting the truck or accelerating hard.

SX TOY

Reaction score
now would be a great time to get an upgraded clutch toyota put in my stage 3 clutch and lt steel flywheel under warranty because they had to replace the tranny.

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
if you just got it back and you're hearing noises, at least call down there and make a complaint. That way it is on record. It makes it harder for them to deny a claim

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Suck to hear about it Jason!
Upgrading? :dontknow:

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Yeah i wish i had the funding right now... i have an extra $1000 check coming next week sometime and will definitely be buying the upgraded clutch and flywheel soon

qponde51

Reaction score
Damn dude not again!! sorry to hear bro, your truck eats clutches!!! hope you get it all fixed soon.

teamben158

Reaction score
if you just got it back and you're hearing noises, at least call down there and make a complaint. That way it is on record. It makes it harder for them to deny a claim

Just called and made an appointment for Tuesday night to drop it off and pick up a loaner. I was just driving it around and it's intermittent, but sounds like metal on metal vibrating, almost like if the wheel was loose.

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Damn dude not again!! sorry to hear bro, your truck eats clutches!!! hope you get it all fixed soon.

That's what happens when you push big power :laugh: all joking aside, yeah I seriously plan on upgrading soon... mod day, my house, time to drop trans!!!

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
So i get a call from Toyota yesterday and they are covering everything as expected... However, I guess they finally admitted to their issue with the 08+ clutches and redesigned them. Has anyone else gotten one of these new fan-dangled clutches? If so, are they like the 05-07s? Or completely different altogether... Oh yeah, and I have to wait till Tuesday :thumpdown:

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Well, just got the truck back, and so far toyota's "revised" clutch feels the same... I was thinking about going aftermarket but I may just sit back and see how this clutch does for the time being.

Grumpy

Reaction score
They no longer make the older clutch design, only the new-fandangle-but-less-than-stellar clutch.:thumpdown:

Its a matter of time before you have a deja vu, start saving your coins.

07SWB

Reaction score
Damn man!

Which stealership changed it this time?

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
They no longer make the older clutch design, only the new-fandangle-but-less-than-stellar clutch.:thumpdown:

Its a matter of time before you have a deja vu, start saving your coins.

Yeah I shoulda figured they wouldn't make anything worth a crap... I'm sure i'll end up springing for an aftermarket setup soon enough.

Damn man!

Which stealership changed it this time?

Why Riverside Toyota of course... dealt with Paul again. No issues but it took 4 days. 3 of them being business days. I brought you up but for whatever reason he didn't remember you :laugh:

Last edited:

07SWB

Reaction score
Glad to know they remember me lmao. I'm sure the same guy did the install lol. Did they stick you in a rental?

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
I'm sure if I had remembered your last name he would have. Now you get to call and harass em... They tried to put me in a rental because of my extended warranty deal but I had a spare car to drive... Thanks Mom!!! :top:

Top Bottom