Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

another headlight restoration project

KETCHUP

Reaction score
So,
Val's scratched his headlight and asked me to help. Still need to go over it again. Pretty bad scratch, but it got the most of it out. We are gonna hit it up again this weekend:

Start:
DSCF5040-8.jpg

after one try (ran out of time/ day light):

DSCF5046-5.jpg

one more time should do the trick
Here are some workin pics:

DSCF5041-10.jpg

DSCF5042-8.jpg

DSCF5043-9.jpg

polishin before the wax:
DSCF5044-7.jpg

DSCF5045-5.jpg

his passenger came out real good. just had to polish it up. More to follow:

DSCF5037-6.jpg

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
What would you recommend to stop/clean-up flaking clear coat on the headlights?
It's not too bad yet, but since I know it's there, it bugs. I hate it!
Any advise? :dontknow:
Thanks!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
restore kit is the only way I know to fix it bro. Come on down to EP and I will hook em up!

08x

Reaction score
wat brand kit is that i have a set of 04 4runner headlights just sitting in my garage that need to be restored

ntinhri

Reaction score
Damn I wish I could wear shorts and flippies!

STONER-X

Reaction score
i think that i have the same drill and buffer deal (lol) i used it on a few bike i painted works really well for the small tanks and fenders

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
they guy that paints my cars said something about usings a fine grit sand paper or something to take off the little clear on the head light then shot it with acrylic clear or something like that. But Im not paint guru so don't quote me on that.

RumRunner

Reaction score
they guy that paints my cars said something about usings a fine grit sand paper or something to take off the little clear on the head light then shot it with acrylic clear or something like that. But Im not paint guru so don't quote me on that.

i've done this method.. but you need to either take off all the stock clearcoat or dont sand thru the stock clear.. The reason being- if you slightly sand thru the clear in a spot and reclear it, it will show a slight haze ring around the spot the was sanded down through the plastic.. it sounds weird but it happens

Top Bottom