Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone else having this issue?

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Since the day I bought my truck , I've had a water leak in my passenger foot well. Every time it rains ,the foot well get flooded. This morning on went out in the rain , as there is tropical weather passing us at the moment, and I found an additional surprise. There was a colony of displaced carpenter ants leaving underneath the carpet . I promptly took care of the infestation and proceeded to plug the hole. There is a wire that goes through the firewall that runs inside the right fender . I've noticed that when it rains water follows the wire down into the truck . Is there supposed to be some kind of plug or weather strip ?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I would get some silicone and plug the hole up, not sure what's suppose to be there. Murderface had a similar issue, look up his threads and it was water coming in through a hole under the valence under the wipers......

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup it looked like they(Toyota) punched a hole there but left the slug still in the hole and it finally leaked. Never leaked the 3yrs prior me owning it. I'll see if I can find my thread......

This shot was taken standing at the antennae lookin down with the front end to the right and rear to the left
596adeb3.jpg

From further back(hole is 3/4 down dead center, can't see the hole in this pic but gives u a perspective of where it is on the truck)
b2fa1af2.jpg

View with rear of the truck at 6 o'clock position
365e0e32.jpg

Also check to make sure ur AC evaporator is draining, if not stick a coat hanger in there and unclog it

Last edited:

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
No it's just from the rain but I'll definitely look into it ! I don't know if its that though ? When I looked once it was following a wire from a hole in firewall behind the ECM !

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Apparently this last storm shorted out my ECM . The truck is still running well ; I just hate seeing the check engine light on !

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently this last storm shorted out my ECM . The truck is still running well ; I just hate seeing the check engine light on !

Take pictures of where you think it is coming from. Also check around the area to make sure no plugs are missing.

X-FREAK

Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid but if you can't find the leak maybe have a "professional" look at it? At the dealer I work at we have someone that specializes in water leaks and seems to always find and fix them. Just another option

autobodyX

Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid but if you can't find the leak maybe have a "professional" look at it? At the dealer I work at we have someone that specializes in water leaks and seems to always find and fix them. Just another option

At one time that was my job. I always checked to see if it has had a windshield replacement first( does it have a Toyota logo), improperly installed windshield leak like hell. then I look to see if the drain holes are clogged with debris, causing a backup and flooding the fresh air vent,is water dripping from heater/A/C box,and then are there any non factory wires running from engine compartment to passenger compartment or signs of the prior owner having run some?

poki

Reaction score
I have a 2005, and the windshield leaked when it first experienced some rain. There was a repair bulletin then so it was fixed as part of warranty. I think it was a common problem back then but should have been detected when it first rained. You may have a different problem but might not hurt to take it back to Toyota and refer to the original bulletin that was issued in 2005. My leak was on the driver side and quite a bit of water would be on and through the carpets.

Top Bottom