Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone else's.......

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Hey bro I have never had a problem with mine, but if nothing else check with Manchex and see if he'll sell you his and swap them out to another one. But otherwise I would just put my change in the lil cubby under the ac controls, I'm not understanding how so many ppl never noticed this compartment till now. Did ya'll just buy your trucks without checking it out first?

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
i use that to put my key for the gas lock in...toyota sells this ashtray cup thing that sits perfectly where that opening is used to put a can...i use that to throw my change in...

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
mine's fine...doesn't pop out at all...:top:

but the spring and the latch for the middle console...now that thing pissed me off now that's it broken...and toyota wants me to spend $300 on a whole middle console just cause they don't sell the spring and latch separately...:motz: i'm stealing 1 out of a new tacoma next time i'm at the stealership...

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I just don't keep enough stuff in my truck to even use it. Mine is completetly empty which might be why mine is fine. GL with it bro

Tapp

Reaction score
is that what that thing is for...LOL

I had no idea..hahaha

the bed cubbies are just 3M on there... slap some black screws..problem gone.

Chasbo

Reaction score
I'm thread jacking (kinda) but my gas cover pops open when I hit a good bump. Its got to be because of my drop kit (SS). Anyone else have trouble with that? Its just a pain because I can see it in my drivers side mirror but can't close it until I get out of the truck.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I have heard of people having the issue, but it doesn't happen to me.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
change drawer keep popping open when hitting bumps? I don't carry much change in mine, heck by now there's probably more change under my seat from that stupid thing popping open than what's in the drawer:motz: Any medium size bump, such as railroad tracks or a small pot hole, and boom the drawer flies open with change raining on my legs:frown:
There are two little metal clips in the upper corners of the opening. Just use a little flat head screwdriver and re-adjust them for more tension.
I'm thread jacking (kinda) but my gas cover pops open when I hit a good bump. Its got to be because of my drop kit (SS). Anyone else have trouble with that? Its just a pain because I can see it in my drivers side mirror but can't close it until I get out of the truck.
Try using a pair of pliers and squeeze the metal clip on the inside of the door so it will grab the nub better.

Hope that helps. I haven't had to do either, but it looks like that's all it would take.
Good luck! :top:

Chasbo

Reaction score
Try using a pair of pliers and squeeze the metal clip on the inside of the door so it will grab the nub better.

Hope that helps. I haven't had to do either, but it looks like that's all it would take.
Good luck! :top:

Yup, that did the trick! Thanks for the help :top: (I guess i could have found that out on my own, but my computer was right here and my truck is parked 1/2 a mile from my room on campus!)

Dirty

Reaction score
x2!! That thing on the passenger side is always popping out if I hit a hard bump.

i had the same problem but its a simple fix. just take the cover off and bend the metal piece on the inside either way it should go to make a tighter fit to the bed piece and it will be fine.

XDsm

Reaction score
There are two little metal clips in the upper corners of the opening. Just use a little flat head screwdriver and re-adjust them for more tension.

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out. I thought it was just plastic tabs on the drawer that popped into the plastic of the bottom dash. If there's metal clips then it's workable. Thanks for the heads up Steve:top:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
LOL.

Grumpy do you remember I told you about mine? It wouldn't close so I took if off for a few weeks.

Its back on... now its okay...

nline4

Reaction score
wait what theres a change drawer? lol i was just thinking the other day how i cant believe theres no change drawer....

Top Bottom