Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone got this TRD wheel installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
bitchin
where can i get one for the cheapest price

Good luck on finding it cheap man. They go used for almost $700 dollars. The silver one is very, very hard to find. But ebay does have them. Just gotta look.

Ninja_Taco

Reaction score
That wheel is hawt :p I still like the CTR steering wheel though *drool* Though its a honda for all you yoda fans ;)

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
SO MY QUESTION IS : did he purchase the wheel from toyota or off ebay? need part number either way.specs plz.found 2 on ebay asking 899.00 1 for a mrs and 1 for a supra.
Do they actually have em for the tacoma or Xrunner??:dontknow: NEED INFO !!

Matt's06

Reaction score
That would be nice if they made the steering wheel without the airbag, so we could just take ours out and put it in that steering wheel.

RossK35

Reaction score
SO MY QUESTION IS : did he purchase the wheel from toyota or off ebay? need part number either way.specs plz.found 2 on ebay asking 899.00 1 for a mrs and 1 for a supra.
Do they actually have em for the tacoma or Xrunner??:dontknow: NEED INFO !!
He bought it off ebay about 3 years ago. The one he got is for a supra.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
That would be nice if they made the steering wheel without the airbag, so we could just take ours out and put it in that steering wheel.

I wouldn't even mess with the airbags. I would just buy one installed. The risk of injury is not worth it. That's my opinion.

shook

Reaction score
I want that wheel ! CxrOLtrdIN has it in his truck and he wont even let me touch the damn thing ! and yes, air bag works

Matt's06

Reaction score
I wouldn't even mess with the airbags. I would just buy one installed. The risk of injury is not worth it. That's my opinion.

If you are trained and know how to work with them they are not as dangerous as you might think. As long as you read the manual and are very cautious of what your doing.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
If you are trained and know how to work with them they are not as dangerous as you might think. As long as you read the manual and are very cautious of what your doing.

That's true. I am just saying though, I wouldn't go through the risk of you not doing something right or making a mistake and when the time comes or happens and it doesn't go off, you're screwed.

Xacto

Reaction score
yea no kidding. i forgot what compound is in the bag, but it's some kind of sodium compound. you get that **** to mix and it explodes in your balls....say hello to demasculinization.

CxrOLItrdN

Reaction score
FYI
it's not worth the trouble or the money. this is the worst investment i've ever made for my truck. you're better off just keeping your stock steering wheel. don't put your life at risk trying to install one of those super sexy trd steering wheels, that feels oh so good with it's sweet black leather. just forget about it!

:biggrin::eviltongue:

shook

Reaction score
FYI
it's not worth the trouble or the money. this is the worst investment i've ever made for my truck. you're better off just keeping your stock steering wheel. don't put your life at risk trying to install one of those super sexy trd steering wheels, that feels oh so good with it's sweet black leather. just forget about it!

:biggrin::eviltongue:

I cant tell if youre being serious or being a bitchface... I would put my life in danger to have that TRD steering wheel :laugh:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I cant tell if youre being serious or being a bitchface... I would put my life in danger to have that TRD steering wheel :laugh:

I wouldn't install it on my truck...I would have you install it for me. Just in case! Ha! Ha!

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Ok fellas, here's the staright gouge on the TRD wheel .talked to jodie @k.p. toyota he said Carson Toyota in Cali has the line on the japanese Toyota parts.I called them spoke to parts,here's the deal they have them for the supra,corrolla,(tacoma up to 04) Xrunner not out yet,ok now need to know if his supra wheel actually works or is he assuming that it does cause the plug fits? anyway carson can get them for $699.00 but takes like 6-8 wks for shipping.NEED the TRUTH on the airbag working or not or guessing it does!!:top:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Trd Steering Wheel Mod

OK,here we go fellas as has been discussed about the TRD steering wheel and our Xrunner compatability goes,well your humble old man of XRU did some more research and a call to my friend at TRD, Bob Gardner and guess what?
"YES WE CAN " get that beautiful wheel on our trucks and have the airbag work 2ways
1- go to the pdf for your Xrunner by year find airbag wiring system & find out wiring diagram for the wheel you purchase might be as simple as moving the various wires to different positions in the plug to match our trucks.
2- Bob just happens to know a "professional wiring harness builder in st.louis mo. by the name of CHRISTEN ALEXANDER he builds custom wiring harenesses for engine & front clip transplants.he swares this guy can build harnesses for engine transplants that you would think were stock factory harnesses.At any rate he has built the harnesses and can build the harness for your TRD wheel to where the wiring is correct and safe to use the airbag in our trucks. here's his number for anyone interested in doing the mod of TRD wheel to XRunner phone # (314) - 603-4639 or he can be reached by e-mail at : nolagmtrsprts@juno.com .Carson toyota has the wheels for 699.00 but the shipping time is about 2 months so be patient.it will be worth the wait!!:top::top:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom