Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone have a sub box that holds 4 subs??

InfernoX

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about that as well. I think thats probably going to be the route that I end up taking because I don't have the cash to have a fiberglass box made and painted right now. So I think that a false wall that looks good will be better than just a regular box.. I'm still not 100% on what I want to do yet tho..... Decisions decisions

RawDawgnX

Reaction score
i mean if u can fiber glass or learn to fiber glassin aint hard at all and is relitivly cheap cause you can take the left overs and make other fiberglass boxes n make ur money back

InfernoX

Reaction score
Yeah very true. I might go pick up some and just play around with it and see what I can come up with and then if all else fails I'll just go with a false wall that can be taken down and modified a lil bit. I'm pretty good with building boxes and and all that so might try to see what I can do with fiberglass. Thing is I just built a box for the X like a week ago that looks like the subbin box. Then I ran across a deal on these subs so I figured I'd use them lol

kcidmil

Reaction score
This isn't in my XR, it's a setup I used to have in my Frontier and with 4 12"s. The box was a custom box built to fill the entire back portion. The port was also custom built to give me a wide range. So it would boom when I wanted it to, but still have a nice punch when I listened to rock.
I was going to have them build a lighted amp rack on top. I wanted mine to be removable, hence the box instead of fiberglass. And yes the truck was dynamat'd; in fact it took 3 layers of the thick dynamat just to keep the roof from flexing.

5324750058_large.jpg

5324750062_large.jpg

butters607

Reaction score
I would look on eBay you can find one on there I got a box for two subs off there its actually well made and i paid like 40 shipped I know two of the one that i got would fit back there

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
do you still want usuage of your rear seats?
what subs are you running. i have an idea.......

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
yikes man! thats gonna be one crazy heavy setup! gonna loose some noticeable power with all the added weight lol. my sub sounds unbelievable and my ears will explode if i get anywhere close to 3/4 the output. i'm running 1200 watts rms and 3000 watts peak!

rich017

Reaction score
Sorry, but anything with 4 subs will require a wall in the X. Also, with 4 subs there is no buying a box and you will need to get one made. Boxes have to be built for the specs of the speaker to sound good.

IMO, I would sell them and get a single 12". Something like a Sundown and push as much power as you want to it. Their subs are nasty and are very clean.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9269-ni...2-nightshade-series-dual-2-ohm-subwoofer.aspx

Top Bottom