Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone Here with Camper Covers? Tips, Experiences, Suggestions?

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
I am contemplating putting a camper cover on the X for additional space/security hauling and storing stuffs.

I actually never had or looked into one with my past trucks, so I am not familiar with what to look for. While I am reading up on the matter, I figured it could not hurt to ask for any advice, experiences and brands/vendors to look at (or avoid).

I don't need anything commercial grade or zombie apocalypse proof, but obviously neither something that the kids in my 'hood can pry into with a pocket knife. I will be hauling all of the usual suspects...automotive stuff for race weekends, firearms for range and hunting days, and camping/outdoors stuff. And budget isn't an issue either.

If I did miss a similar thread of FAQ please kindly provide links :newbie:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I had a Leer tunnel cover and switch to a LEER cap. I a lot better

KrazyIvan

Reaction score
This will he one of the better options for security, less windows to break

Yeah, I really liked that one! There was another thread (won't allow me to link) that had pictures of another regular LEER model.

I just wasn't sure if this is something I could install myself or needed someone without 2 left hands? I also figured fitment can be a big issue? Is there difference in hardware? Etc. Like I said, still doing my due diligence and comparisons, but LEER seems to be the 900lb gorilla in that market.

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
I thought it looked pretty sick with them anyway. There's one here in Hawaii that I see all the time, and the guy always has stuff in it when he's at the beach. More space guaranteed.

phfireman

Reaction score
11885746_10205636024234573_5398004429579064625_o.jpg
Here is my cover definitely more space. I went with the no side windows when I got mine and the roof rack for paddleboards and surf boards.

STONER-X

Reaction score
Man keep those firearms locked in the cab!!! I know if they are going to steal they will but at least it will be more secure in the cab

My AR15 fits perfect under the rear seat

Also remember these trucks dont have tailgate locks

Top Bottom