Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

anyone How TO evo mod?

Gadget

Reaction score
I can tell you how I did mine.

I dropped the truck off at a floor tile shop. Dude named Alex that did not speak English met me around back. Showed him a picture of and EVO and pointed at my truck.

He gave me a price and I came back a week later and picked up the truck.

I was told that this guy was the best in the Santa Ana area and he paints cars for Foose from time to time. The brother of the town mayor vouched for him and it was done.

G

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
STEP ONE: go to a vinyl shop
STEP TWO: show them this picture
2011-09-27153004.jpg

STEP THREE: pay and enjoy.

Poppel09

Reaction score
i have a small question off topic but i bought my truck in cali so there for u must have two license plates but i registered mine in TN so only need one in the back i have then f#@#%#^#$ holes in the front from the license plate whats the easy way to make then go away lol

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
I seen ppl use the carbon fiber wrap vinyl and it actually looks good

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Go the your local home depot or lowes and pick up a few cans of plasti dip.

Then clean your front end really well so it is free of all debris.

Next tape off the section for the type of evo mod you want (half evo or full evo)

Once taped off spray about four or five coats of plasti dip on the taped off section

Peel tape and enjoy your evo.

Plusses of using plasti dip in case your wondering is if you ever get tired of it, it just peels off. But it wont peel off unless you make it. I've had mine for about 6 months now and its still holding up well.

GL

XRunnerDevil07

The black rocket scientist mac guy
Reaction score
finally...months later someone finally answers my question in a way that i'm able to do it myself.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Poppel09 said:
i have a small question off topic but i bought my truck in cali so there for u must have two license plates but i registered mine in TN so only need one in the back i have then f#@#%#^#$ holes in the front from the license plate whats the easy way to make then go away lol

I went to Autozone and bought a pack if round plastic plugs or clips (whatever you wanna call them) and put them in those holes. My truck has them and I hated seeing them. They are by the nuts and bolts that come in small packs. The part that will show can probably be sanded and paint matched but I didn't do it...yet

shaggy08xr said:
Go the your local home depot or lowes and pick up a few cans of plasti dip.

Then clean your front end really well so it is free of all debris.

Next tape off the section for the type of evo mod you want (half evo or full evo)

Once taped off spray about four or five coats of plasti dip on the taped off section

Peel tape and enjoy your evo.

Plusses of using plasti dip in case your wondering is if you ever get tired of it, it just peels off. But it wont peel off unless you make it. I've had mine for about 6 months now and its still holding up well.

GL

With the heat in Louisiana I couldn't even get one coat on before it dried and came off when I peeled off the tape.

Last edited:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
With the heat in Louisiana I couldn't even get one coat on before it dried and came off when I peeled off the tape.

Really? Im down here in florida and I didn't have on problem putting four coats on without the tape peeling anything. I peeled the tape after each coat thou.

finally...months later someone finally answers my question in a way that i'm able to do it myself.

Glad i could help

Last edited:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
So with the plastic dip no sanding is involved?

No sir, no sanding required. I have heard of people scuffing the paint a little to make it hold better, but if you clean it really good you wont have any problems. I did no sand what so ever and its all good.

IMAG0138.jpg

Poppel09

Reaction score
thanks bro ill do thst it hurts me too looks at them two holes

InfernoX

Reaction score
Awesome guys thanks!:top: Think I'm gonna try this mod this week. Love the way it looks.

Dirty

Reaction score
just go to any vinyl/sticker place and they should be able to help out. altho the plastidip is probly a better way to go to be more permanent. i went for a little more aggressive look with mine and near the bottom of the bumper had them match the curve of the ground kit. i personally think its a little cooler lookin. but what do i know?

Attachments

• 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom