Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone interested in sub boxes??

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I know we have had different styles of sub boxes on xru so I will add my style to the mix.

Would there be any Interest in getting any boxes like the styles I've had for my x? Obviously they fit 09+ access cabs...but I've only made them to fit 10" subs so I can still have full access to the under-seat storage and the rear seatbelts. I can get with my buddy to get a setup for the 05-08 models. all boxes are 3/4" MDF wood.

the first box I made modeled after the SubX. Held a JL 10w6v2 downfiring

DSC00882.jpg

The second box I made. One JL 10w6v2

1EC653DC-29ED-42C1-9262-70434455173B-404-000000195561A84A.jpg

The box I currently have with two JL 10w6v2's...sealed...no dividing chambers=one open box inside

035B881A-4EE3-4A31-8B03-AA3A912253B6-2118-00000043086F901F.jpg

I will see if I can find a good cheap upholstery shop to get the boxes wrapped.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
What would the cost be ? I really like that first and second style

Deathoftheparty

Reaction score
Yeah if you could get a price for the stealth style for an 06 then I'd be interested.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
What would the cost be ? I really like that first and second style

Unsure at the moment. It will really depend on the price of getting the upholstery done. I will try to make a box of version 1 and 2 to bring with me to get a quote.

It also depends on if y'all want vinyl or fabric. The lady who wraps my boxes does awesome work but is expensive. The box I currently have was $200 to wrap in black vinyl with red stitching to match my interior...but she does it out of her house. A bigger shop may be a different (hopefully cheaper) price.

Yeah if you could get a price for the stealth style for an 06 then I'd be interested.

Fabric or vinyl? Color choice?

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I would love to have option 1 with some style that would cover the factory holes of the stock sub with an option for leather or vinyl! Price would have to be around 250-300 to be reasonable.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I would love to have option 1 with some style that would cover the factory holes of the stock sub with an option for leather or vinyl! Price would have to be around 250-300 to be reasonable.

I can make it tall like option three to cover the holes but h e the curve like option one.

If y'all want to we can get a list going to see what y'all want done....which option, vinyl or fabric, color, type of sub and how many, 05-08 or 09+

hrspwr236

Reaction score
09+ option one as is, having it as an armrest makes it more functional and then have some option of having a panel that might clip into the existing holes?

lamia2super

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing something like the 2nd pic but with a 12" re audio I have laying around

B-runner

Reaction score
im also interested. Option 1 as is for an '07. please!

smftexas86

Reaction score
09+ option one as is, having it as an armrest makes it more functional and then have some option of having a panel that might clip into the existing holes?

There is somebody on the forum that covered the holes with carbon fiber wrap or something. Looked pretty good

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I was thinking something more along the lines of a fabric similar to the back seats

lamia2super

Reaction score
How do you think the 3rd box will sound with a 12" and a port. I was thinking of doing something bet. the 2nd and 3rd box with a port

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score

I was thinking of making some kind of panel to hold an amp but that would only work if your amp is small. Any ideas?

I was thinking something more along the lines of a fabric similar to the back seats

I doubt I'll be able to find a fabric to match the seats. Now a carpet to match the truck carpet will be a better chance as most audio shops should have it.

How do you think the 3rd box will sound with a 12" and a port. I was thinking of doing something bet. the 2nd and 3rd box with a port

This will sound great as long as the box is built to fit the sub. And our cabs sound better with a ported box.

This will sound great as long as the box is built to fit the sub. And our cabs sound better with a ported box.

I could also make the boxes and ship them with no wrap if you are able to get it done cheaper than what I can (still haven't gotten a quite yet sorry) I will try to get the quite very soon. I've been having some medical issues that has been slowing me down but not stopped me

Last edited:

lamia2super

Reaction score
damn the more i look at this the more i think my Re audio 12 is going to take up to much space.

lamia2super

Reaction score
How much airspace does it call for? The third option has 1.5 cuft sealed.

1.0 seal 2.0 ported

But the box also has to wider to fit the bigger sub, which I believe the diameter is 13inch. I would have to relocate the box to one side so a passenger can atleast sit on the other side. I also have a nitrous bottle taking up some floor space

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Any price quotes yet for the first model with grey wrap for an 06?

Not yet sorry. I've been going to a lot of doctor visits trying to get the herniated disc in my neck taken care of. But I finally got the layout of the 05-08 rear seats so it will be soon.

1.0 seal 2.0 ported

But the box also has to wider to fit the bigger sub, which I believe the diameter is 13inch. I would have to relocate the box to one side so a passenger can atleast sit on the other side. I also have a nitrous bottle taking up some floor space

The outer diameter isn't a big deal....what is the cutout for that sub?

Last edited:
Top Bottom