Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone tow with their x?

08speedytaco

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting a bay boat and was just wondering if anyone tows anything with their truck and how it does?

Jwall

Reaction score
Our truck has good towing power actually, not that you want to put a really heavy load on our trucks because its sport suspension. It does the job and drives great. I towed a trailer when moving and dirt and stone in a trailor.

STONER-X

Reaction score
i think the limit is 3500lbs tow weight.... not sure what the toung weight is..... i have towed my 72 bug with peice of rope.. the truck had no problems at all.... the again it is just a bug... that was 2500lbs or less

MXXN

Reaction score
I pull a 5x12 enclosed trailer a bunch. It tows well. Don't expect stellar mileage

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
It tows great. I tow my skiff with it all the time, don't even notice it. Its about 800 pds + plus gear. I also towed a big U-haul trailer and loaded that thing with about 3000+ pds of my stuff, towed it fine. Its a truck.....

what kind of boat? U in FL?

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I tow my 16' boat and also a 1500lb pop-up with no real trouble. The only thing I'd be worried about with a boat is pulling it out of the water. If the ramp is dirt or gravel and it's on the high end of the towing capacity I'd be a little weary. Otherwise get yourself a set of QA-1s crank em up to 12 and tow somethin!

toyota06

Reaction score
i tow a trailer and a boat all the time it does great with both dont even noticed there something extra back there. Just dont tow using your back bumper.

rich017

Reaction score
I tow a 16ft Sea Fox flats boat with a 60 mercury on it, 30 gallons of fuel and an atv in the bed.

I would suggest getting the QA1's though... Stock height and stock shocks the truck would bottom out pretty easily. Lowered it was sitting on bump stops at a stand still.

As far as pulling the boat out, the truck does great and does not spin the tires. The ONLY issue I had was when i was lowered and the trailer became stuck on the ramp. Hence why I am no longer lowered

08speedytaco

Reaction score
@ muzzyfsu - Something along the lines of a 18-20 ft blazer bay or kenner. Nah im in Tx right on the LA border (armpit of TX).

Also... what kind of hitch do you guys run? I would like one as disrete as possible or the kind that you can fold down the liscence plate to the reciever.

rich017

Reaction score
Here it is on my truck so you can see what it looks like

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 96

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
if I recall correctly, you can tow from the bumper the limit is 3500lbs and if you have a class 3 hitch its 6500lbs. I've pulled 3400lb trailer from the bumper with stuff it 300mi through the mountains in TN and never had any problems still got 19-20MPG.

if you are going to make towing a regular occurrence go ahead and slap a class 3 hitch on the back.

blastap

Reaction score
I tow my boat, waverunner, and i towed micpuns X back to dallas. It does just fine, stopping was the toughest

TreTuna

Reaction score
I'm going to end up putting a hitch on my truck soon, so love the info on this thread. Hate that Hidden Hitch makes one for our year of trucks but has a little *excluding X-Runner.... And of course the XR driver's are the ones that are going to want the most unsuspecting hitch in the first place... bleh..

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
my X got tow up

2010-03-28115455.jpg

no but seriously i pulled my buddy's boat down to the lake and put it in the water and then pulled it back out at the end of the day. the ramp was a nice grooved concrete ramp though. his boat is a 21' bass master.... real nice... and pretty heavy.

Aj Khaos

Reaction score
i pull the jet ski around everywhere no problems at all. had no idea we could tow things like a 21' boat. good to know for future reference.

rich017

Reaction score
I'm going to end up putting a hitch on my truck soon, so love the info on this thread. Hate that Hidden Hitch makes one for our year of trucks but has a little *excluding X-Runner.... And of course the XR driver's are the ones that are going to want the most unsuspecting hitch in the first place... bleh..

CURT makes the one for our trucks.

Look at my post at the end of the first page

Gadget

Reaction score
i think the limit is 3500lbs tow weight.... not sure what the toung weight is..... i have towed my 72 bug with peice of rope.. the truck had no problems at all.... the again it is just a bug... that was 2500lbs or less

Got to be careful towing with a piece of rope. These little Toyota pickups can pull a little harder than most think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTHnqB7w3cA

D-N-F

Reaction score
This thread needs more pictures. V6 Tacos (except X-runners) are rated for 6500lbs. The major differences are brakes and tires. Upgrade those and you can pretty much tow what you want. The set-up in the picture just touches 5000lbs and MY X tows it no sweat. 15.5 average MPGs.

Edit: and see wives aren't just for cooking they also help load trailers. lol.

Attachments

• 2010-05-16 14.28.01.jpg
    2010-05-16 14.28.01.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 129
Top Bottom