Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone tried rallyX?

silverbullet

Reaction score
Has anyone tried rally crossing with an X-runner? I'm picking mine up from the dealership this weekend and head straight to the dirt track in WV. It should be good times as I've never done any offroad stuff.

Any inputs, or stories welcomed!

Murderface

Reaction score
I would never put my XRunner thru that kind of abuse!! Can't imagine how many rock chips ur gonna get from all the rocks flying up from the tires.

Good luck with that though and welcome aboard:top:

earnesje

Reaction score
Has anyone tried rally crossing with an X-runner? I'm picking mine up from the dealership this weekend and head straight to the dirt track in WV. It should be good times as I've never done any offroad stuff.

Any inputs, or stories welcomed![/QUOTE

The words dirt track and xrunner don't go together all that well:dontknow:.

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
you may try sir but your body kit/ paint will regret it

I<3JDM

Reaction score
maybe this will work for ya bro..
Toyota_Tacoma_Pikes_Peak_02.jpg

5221684547_bd22256851.jpg

:top:

silverbullet

Reaction score
Mud flaps, new filters, and better tires and its golden. No skidplate necessary. Its all dirt.

The abuse isn't bad. Majority of people out there are rallyX their daily driver Evos and STis, just like they would with an autoX.

I figured if i end up liking it, I'll do it again at Hyperfest at Summit Point next month also since my drift car is hardly together for any of the drift events.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
No offense or anything but you'll get destroyed by the STI and EVO's. They have a trick 4 wheel drive set up that makes a huge difference on a dirt track.

Its your X so do what you wish:wink:

silverbullet

Reaction score
Who said anything about winning? AWD and 2WD are in different classes anyways.
Motorsports is a much more enjoyable if your intension is to go out there and experience something new and have fun at it.
I bought my truck as a tool and a toy. I intend to use it to its most practical extent.

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
As an old school desert rat, I've often wondered about this myself. I'm not ashamed to admit I've had my truck in the dirt (goin to the dump and down a few dirt roads) and I wasn't able to resist testin the waters and maybe a tad more. I've driven trucks and rails off road all my life and it was a lil hairy in the XR. You said you've never driven off road before, so you'll really wanna take it easy for a while.

You'll want to do 3 things for sure. First, pull the body kit. Secondly, get some different tires, best thing would be to get some 15" wheels and throw some dirt tires on em. Lastly, be advised that being a truck with a descent amount of power, the ass end steps out quick and when drifting on the dirt (unlike on pavement) the ass will just stay out there for all eternity if you let it. You'll get yourself in a world of hurt if you're not carefull. At higher speeds, the back end wanders all over the place and you'll spin really easy, really fast and your chances of correcting it are very slim. Driving a high powered light truck on the dirt is like drivin a car on ice.

Limitless

Reaction score
You'll want to do 3 things for sure. First, pull the body kit. Secondly, get some different tires, best thing would be to get some 15" wheels and throw some dirt tires on em. .

You can probably find the stock 15" rims of the stock 4 cyclinder tacoma pretty cheap for this. Thats what i do for winter tires, cost me $300 for the four rims with blizax's already on them. They are also thinner then the stock XR rims so assuming that dirt acts like snow, the thinner tires will give you more wieght per square inch of the tire and therefore more traction.

And yeah, take off the body kit so you dont leave leave peices of it all over the course. Only takes a couple clips and you can put the kit back on later.

And make sure you take pics when you do this :top:

silverbullet

Reaction score
Removing the lips and side skirts prob arn't a bad idea. Some house stuff came up so I prob wont be doing it this weekend. I'll be shooting for Hyperfest next month, along with some drifting, and grip driving if i get my Nissan built in time. I recommend this to any east coast guys. Its everything all in one weekend.

I'm not too worried about loosing control. I would consider myself quite proficient at ice/snow sliding, so dont worry, no Tacos will be destroyed haha.

Top Bottom