Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone use rear Air Shocks?

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
I have been reading for hours but can't really find an answer I was looking for.

I under stand the QA1 ST-703 shocks are for the rear of a 67-69 Camaro.

So I looked at Monroe Max-Air rear load adjusting shocks for 67-69 Camaro. Quantity; 2 per pack. Length: 11.875" Compressed, 19.625" Extended with 7.75" stroke. The shocks cost a whole $62.78 plus shipping per set @ CARiD

Anyone have 1st hand experience with air shocks for the rear of a lowered Taco?

I have Tundra racing front drop w/ rear 2014 Access cab 4x4 rear leafs. This gives my Taco and 1/2" rake with Bilstien's. The QA1's have no internal gas pressure, so if installed they may drop the rear just a tad. I removed Bilstein's from our Mazda MX-5 and installed low gas pressure twin-tube Koni's and these lowered the MX-5 about 7/8". I know the Mazda & Toyota are two different animals!

We don't load up the Taco very often but sometimes we might, it's a truck right?

I'm just asking, so be kind!

Thanks for any & all info!
AZ

xrunrob

Reaction score
I can't help you but I got a 69 camaro in the garage with air shocks, I should go out there and see if they fit the taco. I may interested in this as well.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I have a set of Monroe air shocks in the back of my 95 ranger and they work awesome. They help a lot when hauling a load, however when there is not extra weight in the bed they are not the best in rebound and compression. It also gives the back of my ranger about a 1" lift and that's at the minimum of 25psi. When I have no load and put about 100psi in them the rear goes up about 3". If your looking to help when hauling a load in your X I would go with a set of helper bags of your looking to lift the rear a bit with no load and help support with a load then might give them a try. I do think it will not perform as well as the stock bilsteins and Def not as well as the QA1s. I do think with a load the air shocks are awesome.

III

Reaction score
i got em. you need monroe ma777, gotta grind down the eyelet where the shock mounts to the shock plate. mines are lined to a tank and switch and shit, no complaints here... under 100$ shipped to hawaii too.

XRobber

Reaction score
I am running MA777 as well. just enough air in them to not raise the rear end, but to keep from bottoming out with my 2" blocks. works great. Works really well when I load up the bed and put some more air... or tow...

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! It doesn't bottom very often with the new rear leafs. The new Pre-runner / 4x4 rear springs have 3 leafs with an overload.

Again Thanks for the replies!
AZ

Top Bottom