Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Apple iPad

dailycruzr

Reaction score
so its more or less an oversized Ipod touch? i can see lots of the aesthetic loving douche-canoes toting them around...

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Won't get it. If I spend that much money, I'd rather spend a little bit more for a MacBook Pro. That way I can get Flash as well as a bunch of other things.

BTW, if people are gonna say Apple computers suck...I say stay out of this thread. Make your own thread about it.

That is all....

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
iTampon as referred to on Twitter..

Anyone else wanna spend more money on a data plan for the iPad 3G?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's open a discussion about this new failure of a product

Couldn't agree more. Just for a quick glance and a scan of the article it looks like a big ass PALM. Web Browser, Apps, Calendar, Email, yada yada - just big, bulky and expensive. Plus the battery life (10 hours) sucks.

The main picture shows a tabloid. I got my wife a Kindle2 for Christmas and the battery on that thing will easily last a week+ and she reads about a book every 2 days.

I dunno man... the touch screen has a place - not every place.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I think apple is just grasping for another hit. I don't see why they should, they have their fanboys. It looks like an epic fail to me.

Apple computers suck anyway, I don't see why people buy those overpriced peices of junk.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
The only thing I think it would be good for is to use it in doctors offices/hospitals.

Otherwise...FAIL!

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
They know people will buy it no matter what. It does have cool features. I have to admit that, but its not enough for me to go and buy one. I agree with nightrider, it will be good for doctors offices, etc., but for an everyday thing, not so much.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So basically they've created the next Table PC... hmmm. Yeah, tablet PC's REALLY did well. :thumpdown: Just not quite sure why they would do this. My boss was also telling me the next generation of iMac was going to be touchscreen. Maybe I just don't get the potential of that until I see some applications but like I said - touchscreens have a place and that's not every place.

Not to mention I HATE fingerprints on my screen, can't imagine using my monitor as a touchscreen and having smudges all over it all the time.

Just to make a point that I'm not bashing Apple, but the product - I also think that Microsofts Table is a shitty idea. EXCEPT for possibly in restaurants. It could be very cool in that application but how many restaurants are gonna wanna drop that kind of loot on a fancy table?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I'll say like I said on Twitter earlier:

Apple's business model is to create a bunch of hype, disappoint, sell it to all the fanboys/suckers/early adopters (whatever you want to call em), then they slowly deliver on whatever disappointments were there and re-release as a new cheaper product.

It works for them without fail, this is just a continuation.

nine9six

Reaction score
Looks cool, from a developers stand-point. I'll consider getting one after a hardware revision or two. PC Reimbursement FTW!

lucke

Reaction score
no multitasking, no care... the max-iPad can suck a big one...

this thing has major FAIL written all over it. and could they be any less original with the styling? an oversized iphone that can't fit in any pockets? blah...

put a "tablet" version of OSX on it with at least an SD card slot, don't style it to look like a giant f*cking iphone and allow for multitasking and they'd have a winner...

MusTrd

Reaction score
It's like they are going backwards, from compact and portable to bulky and inconvenient. Might as well start using the Zack Morris style cell phones again.

cellphone_full.jpg

Yallrun

Reaction score
I was reading about the Apple Tablet announcement today, thought it was interesting. Then I saw this = FAIL!

OMG-tablet-BeGeek.png

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I'll say like I said on Twitter earlier:

Apple's business model is to create a bunch of hype, disappoint, sell it to all the fanboys/suckers/early adopters (whatever you want to call em), then they slowly deliver on whatever disappointments were there and re-release as a new cheaper product.

It works for them without fail, this is just a continuation.

X2 :top:

been sayin that for years

I <3 U

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
Like most of you said ... FAIL ... im sticking to my Mac Book Pro And My iPhone

Since a 3G version is going to be released also does that mean a wireless provider plan?! ... id spend that 500 bucks towards a BBK :)

NoKz

Reaction score
It's a glorified iPod Touch. It's a true sign that apple is running out of innovative ideas and that fanboys will buy anything the keep Steve Jobs supplied with new black turtle necks. I can't believe that P.O.S got so much hype. My droid does everything that I Maxi Pad does, except it has a larger screen. Not only that, I can mod my Droid more than that junk.

HiTek21

Reaction score
:laugh: that picture had me cracking up. i was thinking the same thing.

I was reading about the Apple Tablet announcement today, thought it was interesting. Then I saw this = FAIL!

OMG-tablet-BeGeek.png

Top Bottom