Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Apple iPad

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I just saw on Fox News that the base model is $499.00, the top of the line model is $830.00; and that's BEFORE the data plan you have to buy through AT&T.

They also said it doesn't have any USB ports?!:bird::thumpdown::thumpdown::thumpdown:

I'll say like I said on Twitter earlier
^^Ghey

twitter_sucks1.jpg

:laugh:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I just saw on Fox News that the base model is $499.00, the top of the line model is $830.00; and that's BEFORE the data plan you have to buy through AT&T.

They also said it doesn't have any USB ports?!:bird::thumpdown::thumpdown::thumpdown:

^^Ghey

twitter_sucks1.jpg

:laugh:

It has a USB adapter :laugh: if you want SD you have to buy an adapter for that too

You know XRU has a Twitter account too right? lol

You getting information from Fox News is way worse than any time I spend on Twitter :rofl:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Clearly I am going to spend $500+ on a glorified iPod touch, rather than buying a full-fledged laptop. Good going Mr. Jobs, you have a revolutionizing product there.

trd_sport

Reaction score
ok kids...take out your ipads and go to page 23................

gary86

Reaction score
I'm going to wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation to buy this. I'm going all APPLE at the moment. Getting ready to buy a macbook or imac and give my Fiance my HP touchsmart laptop

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Interesting point came up debating this with my friend yesterday who is an Apple groupie (and stockholder).

His statement was... "This product isn't the actual failure, it was the ipod Touch that was the failure. That product cannibalized itself based on the existence of the various ipods and the iPhone. This is Apple's attempt to correct that blunder"

Discuss.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Interesting point came up debating this with my friend yesterday who is an Apple groupie (and stockholder).

His statement was... "This product isn't the actual failure, it was the ipod Touch that was the failure. That product cannibalized itself based on the existence of the various ipods and the iPhone. This is Apple's attempt to correct that blunder"
I can understand his point, but I don't know if I would actually call it a "failure". Everywhere I go, somebody has an iPod touch; whether it be at parties, work, at the gym, etc.

I guarantee Steve Jobs is laughing all the way to the bank when it comes to the iPhones & iPods...

The MS Zune IMO is the failure.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I can understand his point, but I don't know if I would actually call it a "failure". Everywhere I go, somebody has an iPod touch; whether it be at parties, work, at the gym, etc.

I guarantee Steve Jobs is laughing all the way to the bank when it comes to the iPhones & iPods...

I would be laughing too. He used excellent marketing to make money. I really wish I had bought stocks in apple, every fanboy and their family would have made me rich.

2006nightrider IMO is the failure :eviltongue:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score

The Zune was a failure before it started. The Touch was to cater to those who wanted the iPhone minus AT&T. I meant failure by Apple standards. I wanted a Touch but I damn sure wasn't about to spend MY money for it :laugh:. I would have gotten the iPhone if it had a real keyboard.

I don't hate Apple, just a lot of the decisions they make.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Honestly, if the iPad had phone capabilities, I might would consider it. Just imagine the looks you would get from holding up a giant iPad to your ear, talking to someone.:crinklehair:

RedXr

Reaction score
iTampon as referred to on Twitter..

Anyone else wanna spend more money on a data plan for the iPad 3G?

Your question confuses me..?

Couldn't agree more. Just for a quick glance and a scan of the article it looks like a big ass PALM. Web Browser, Apps, Calendar, Email, yada yada - just big, bulky and expensive. Plus the battery life (10 hours) sucks.

The main picture shows a tabloid. I got my wife a Kindle2 for Christmas and the battery on that thing will easily last a week+ and she reads about a book every 2 days.

I dunno man... the touch screen has a place - not every place.

That battery life K2 is 10hrs of use. It has a stanby life of 30 DAYS! But I am with you on the full touch screen, but who knows till you try it. :top:

Not to mention I HATE fingerprints on my screen, can't imagine using my monitor as a touchscreen and having smudges all over it all the time.
Klint, the screen will have the same glass that the iphone has, which alleviates the amount of marks on the screen due to the material its composed of. These screens are not that of a plexiglass or polarized glass type that a normal lcd monitor has.

I'll say like I said on Twitter earlier:

Apple's business model is to create a bunch of hype, disappoint, sell it to all the fanboys/suckers/early adopters (whatever you want to call em), then they slowly deliver on whatever disappointments were there and re-release as a new cheaper product.

It works for them without fail, this is just a continuation.

Wow man, harsh words. Would you consider this customer feedback? and where is it wrong to improve a product and charge less? Customer feedback is a must for new products (as most of apples products are new to us) isnt that better than changing the model number slightly after you have made minor adjustments and then charge more. Come on.... Consider r&d into a new product, especially one as advance as this, and tell me you wont try and make that back. I do not feel that is was apple is trying to accomplish here. Do they glorify their products beyond most, yes, but who the fawk wouldnt at a business standpoint.

At this point, I stand in the middle of this arguement. I am out weighing the pros and cons (ipad vs laptop). This product is not for the more moderate computer user, and apple and steve jobs defined that at the very beginning. They are merely trying to find a middle ground with a budget. It comes down to facts and specs, NOT opinions for me at least.

Edit: one more thing. The data plan is not required. Do you have a data plan for your laptop? :rolleyez:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Colbert's term for the iPad was tops in my book. "The Tampod"

Top Bottom