Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I have not heard this kit personally, but i did run my kit with out a muffler for quite a while. I tell you, that turbo sound, is sick! Then after a while it becomes a whirl that is just hard to deal with. Still sounds bad ass, but everybody and their kids on scooters want to freaking race you. Geez.

I know the owner mentionef that he is still on the stock clutch with 80k+ miles. So i cannot imagine him wanting to really beat down on it before he gets a new one in there.

Hopefully though if we in Houston can get some people together, we can meet up for a few runs at the track here, in August. Might even be three turbo Tacomas there. Wouldn't that be cool? o_O

Man, if i only i didn't go back to college in on the 8th...I'd love to head out your way...

Form the moment i heard your truck, in that one video of you doing a pull on that TRD S/C X-R...That sound....:rockon:I has a jealous...

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Omfg really? Tundra rear end... just buy a fn tundra, trd sc, call Doug n add some n20 bam there u go...

I guess if u spend 10 grand on internals, 7-9 grand on turbo, 5-8 grand on addons, what's another couple grand on a tundra rear cut down, custom fabed to fit that x ...

Damn wouldn't it been cheaper, less work, n nicer to just buy a sports car?

Stud power will own traction.... no winning here....

:laugh:

Really it's that easy.... TRD Blower on 8 PSI gets you some really nice reliable power, a little nitrous is there to make jawesome power when you need it and isn't stressing powertrain with the extra power when you don't.

This setup can be done on the cheap, makes excellent power from idle to redline, and is retarded fun.

However my XR hit its practicality limit now its gone for a better platform.

I am sure its going to be a fine turbo kit, cant wait to see some of these turbo XR setups with all the bugs ironed out.

This kit will be really well done im sure, APR spends a lot of time on their products - far more time then they get paid for; they are an excellent company.

If you have the pockets to burn and the time blow in order to make this truck reliably fast its def an awesome ride, one that I wouldn't get rid of for a long time.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
1. CPS/CAMS looks good – no contentions or misfires evident

2. Huge MAF – 481.8 g/s

a. MAF noise looks good

3. Load is pegging out in 1, 2, 3 & 4 – Wow!

a. Will have to make the 200% load table ordinates calibratable.

4. Injectors maxed out

a. 5600 seems to be max rpm – both sets

b. Shift at 5400!

5. Adaptive transients are wild

a. Transients ugly but as long as it doesn’t backfire…

6. Adaptive steady state mean around -.05 to -.09

a. Good that you are biased rich.

7. Impressive spark

a. No signs of knock – good mean

8. Temperatures Good

a. Good ECT

b. Good IAT

9. Good VS

10. Good Pps/Tps

That is based off of a data log I sent to Scott some time ago. I backed it back down after that. I wonder what the "calculated" HP is for that. All on a stock engine....

Need to get those BIGGER injectors in there.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a FAST Goped. Need to make it faster......

Gadget

Reaction score
Call up Mountain Performance. They do supercharger kits for ATV and off road vehicles. I am sure they can graft the new Rotrex C8 supercharger on that little thing and get it humming.

G

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
is that MAF data calculated somehow? I thought the stock maf sensor only read up to 400g/s or something?

Once i get some money gathered up again I want to see what URD can do for my truck.

Gadget

Reaction score
Nope. Stock MAF in the standard Mk3 configuration with a little extra added. Data right out of the X-1.

That is all 7 injectors fully maxxed out.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock MAF maxes near 440-450 g/s

Call up Mountain Performance. They do supercharger kits for ATV and off road vehicles. I am sure they can graft the new Rotrex C8 supercharger on that little thing and get it humming.

G

This :top:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrjEHl-zDA

http://www.youtube.com/user/123DerekShort

To bad the conversion kit for mine to be able to be chain driven like the one in the vid is starting at $400. :ahhhhh:

I would really like to see the data-log from the run that these numbers are from. Any pull actually. It would lend a great bit of insight into how it feels when it runs. :top:

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some more pics that were left out.

Nice stuff for the water thermostat.

0ae40f8a.jpg

bf0b3edc.jpg

d63b908f.jpg

4f92d7a4.jpg

6da7d131.jpg

cdf24c14.jpg

c3762399.jpg

1b25aa63.jpg

Oil pressure sensor.

310d07cc.jpg

b66a0f8f.jpg

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Better than the "toe thumb", for all of those that know what I am referring to. Lol.

SooRunner

Reaction score
I'm not too fan of a rear mount turbo setup. I hope they post up videos of the turbo blowing up the motor. Eh...I'll stick with my MKII...need more power? I'll just swap out my Rotrex for the biggger brother...then again I don't need my motor blowing up.

But Nice work!

Top Bottom