Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Apr x1 new hotness

Eraser

Reaction score
Just got back from Vegas. my X1 is here. :rockon: I've been reading thru the instructions. I have the all the tools I need... except for a torque wrench. Anyone have any input as to where I could borrow/rent one for the job? All information is appreciated!

~ERASER

Coupe

Reaction score
Most parts houses will rent you a torque wrench.

You will need a special socket to use it on the cam gears.

Gadget

Reaction score
Just got back from Vegas. my X1 is here. :rockon: I've been reading thru the instructions. I have the all the tools I need... except for a torque wrench. Anyone have any input as to where I could borrow/rent one for the job? All information is appreciated!

~ERASER

Ya baby!!

G

Murderface

Reaction score
a True Mechanic uses the German Torque Method But if I was u I would get the adapter like Blastap says:top:

blastap

Reaction score
mine is TIGHT, but theoretically it should be torqued

Eraser

Reaction score
So I got my headers and my X1, neither installed yet. tomorrow is X1 day. Every time I walk into my room I feel like a kid in a candy store looking at the parts i got for my baby. I CANT WAIT AHH!!!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So I got my headers and my X1, neither installed yet. tomorrow is X1 day. Every time I walk into my room I feel like a kid in a candy store looking at the parts i got for my baby. I CANT WAIT AHH!!!

Good luck, double and triple check you cam gears:top:

jeffrey.f.tsai

Reaction score
Just make sure you get your timing for the cam gears absolutely right. I was off by one tooth on the passenger side and when I put everything back together the engine sounded like it was gonna blow up...

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Eraser: sorry bro we weren't able to meet up and have a couple of brewskies...my phone ended up breaking so I lost everyone's #'s...X-1 is TITS...good luck on the install...:top:

Eraser

Reaction score
WELL! Got everything buttoned up yesterday. and I had just enough time to turn the keys... no start, just turnning over. not attempting to spark or fuel, just spinning the engine. went to work and thought about it all night. read some posts at work about ensuring the x-1 is plugged in all the way. went home. slept, woke up and to the garage! Took the glovebox back off took al the connectors back off, took the ecu back out gave a lil push and i felt it move in a little bit. yay. plugged all the harnesses back in. she started up and i was instantly impressed. Thanks Lamecargo for the help when i was flippin out.

PS. Gadget: thanks for the technical help with the timing. I think i killed all the muscles in my left arm from turning the crank soooo much.

next step is exhaust :rockon:

Coupe

Reaction score
WELL! Got everything buttoned up yesterday. and I had just enough time to turn the keys... no start, just turnning over. not attempting to spark or fuel, just spinning the engine. went to work and thought about it all night. read some posts at work about ensuring the x-1 is plugged in all the way. went home. slept, woke up and to the garage! Took the glovebox back off took al the connectors back off, took the ecu back out gave a lil push and i felt it move in a little bit. yay. plugged all the harnesses back in. she started up and i was instantly impressed. Thanks Lamecargo for the help when i was flippin out.

PS. Gadget: thanks for the technical help with the timing. I think i killed all the muscles in my left arm from turning the crank soooo much.

next step is exhaust :rockon:

I had the same problem. I had to push the crap out of mine.

SooRunner

Reaction score
That's what I did too...but I added a piece of duct tape where the x-1 and cable plugs to make sure it will not pop off.

Top Bottom