Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

are these guys real toyo techs or am i the idiot?

toyota_rod

Reaction score
so i go to get some new plugs from toyota here in morgan city and i ask them why is there ngk on one side and denso on the other and these guys say "huh, must have been the previous owner that did that"...did they come with 2 types of plugs from the factory?

Eraser

Reaction score
Yup, if you search around on the forums you will find that the 1GR comes with 2 different types of spark plugs... Why you ask? They have two contracts.

toyota_rod

Reaction score
i just thought it was funny when i asked the tech at the yota dealership if i should put the 2 types back in and he didnt know wtf i was talking about and neither did the manager! i just put all denso back in...i felt like a dumbass

toyota_rod

Reaction score
cuz i had 2 guys that work at the dealership telling me that they didnt come stock like that..sombody else must have put 2 different brand plugs in..i know for sure ill be taking my truck out of town from now on!

rich017

Reaction score
Believe me, they know what comes in those trucks. They just didn't want to sit there and explain why they come from the factory like that.

To a technician, a customer is a customer and we don't like talking to them. lol

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Your not a dumb ass it came factory like that and it's fine to put all denso's back in, I did! Like stated above your dealer was probably too lazy to try and explain

08x

Reaction score
ya it is hard to explain to customers alot of them just dont understand stuff but its just the way the heads are on the assembly line is why one side has ngk one has denso i no its werid but its normal

Oklahoman06RR

Reaction score
Wow! I've been a tech for Toyota for almost 3 years and have not been told nor noticed that they came like that. lol. I've even changed the plugs on my X and didn't notice. Hmmm interesting.

HOTROD-X

Reaction score
come from the factory with the denso on one side and ngk on the other side

toyota_rod

Reaction score
thanks guys...i changed mine out yesterday..passenger side was a breeze, driver side you gotta move some hoses and a bracket out of the way and have plenty of extensions taped together so you dont lose your socket!

gunner76137

Reaction score
Thats OK 4 out of 4 different stealerships I've been to in the DFW area have all told me they no longer make or sell the Xrunner. 2 told me they hadn't since 2009. LMAO

Edgeman

Reaction score
Thats OK 4 out of 4 different stealerships I've been to in the DFW area have all told me they no longer make or sell the Xrunner. 2 told me they hadn't since 2009. LMAO

You should tell them thanks and that you plan to go out of town to buy your 2011 X-Runner. :smile:

Murderface

Reaction score
did anyone find out the real reason why they put Densos on one side and NGK's on the other? Mine was like that also

gunner76137

Reaction score
I was told that the reason why was because toyota owns stock in both companys so to be fair they use
3 of each. I just changed mine out at 92,000 and it still had the factory 1's in it. I replaced them with the denso iridiums.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
It is common like everyone said above that its 2 contracts with the suppliers. At work we always put the NGK back in there.

Top Bottom