Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Are you getting the flu vaccine?

Are you going to get the flu vaccine?

• Total voters

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So with two very young children, my wife and I have been talking about whether to vaccinate them or not. I'm not the conspiracy theorist that some are but my philosophy is "I've lived 32 years without a flu vaccine, why should I need one now?" I wonder what all the hype is the past 4-5 years about flu vaccines... why all the urgency all of sudden?

I do think that creating vaccines against the world's "smartest" virus could in fact be making it stronger. Just like using too many advil's or drinking too much beer causes your body to build up a tolerance --- if you build up a tolerance to the virus it will mutate to a form that not only may be intolerable, but deadly. I'm no scientist but that's just my philosophy.

So - are you getting the vaccine? Are you getting both - seasonal and H1N1?

rich017

Reaction score
So with two very young children, my wife and I have been talking about whether to vaccinate them or not. I'm not the conspiracy theorist that some are but my philosophy is "I've lived 32 years without a flu vaccine, why should I need one now?" I wonder what all the hype is the past 4-5 years about flu vaccines... why all the urgency all of sudden?

I do think that creating vaccines against the world's "smartest" virus could in fact be making it stronger. Just like using too many advil's or drinking too much beer causes your body to build up a tolerance --- if you build up a tolerance to the virus it will mutate to a form that not only may be intolerable, but deadly. I'm no scientist but that's just my philosophy.

So - are you getting the vaccine? Are you getting both - seasonal and H1N1?

I agree. People who get the vaccine every year are just dumb. I have never had the flu or the flu shot. I rarely ever get sick also. The people who get sick most are the ones who wash their hands before they do anything and the people who are germ freaks and get every vaccine possible.

If you don't open up your body to the germs we encounter every day, you will get sick more often...

Ninja17

Reaction score
fawk no im not gettin it, everyone i know that has taken the flu shot end up gettin the flu anyway. fawk that chit.

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
I'll be waiting to get the H1N1 vaccine until all the guinea pigs this year try it out...I'm not convinced that it will work yet.

off-road taco06

Reaction score
Nope. Flu Vaccine is better word's for "Government testing"

IM GOOD!

Think about it, EVERYTHING is Government Regulated. What you don't know WILL hurt you in this case...that is of course IMHO. :top:

lostrunner

Reaction score
No vaccines for me...THey only work for half the people and the side effects are not that great..If I get some thng then I will start on tamiflu, I work in a pharmacy and that is killing out h1n1 and regular, and I only take that if I need it. In our area docs ore flooded with people coming in and they are so packed out they are just saying you have the flu giving you tamiflu and sending you on your way when you may just have a cold...So as for me the wife and kids I am just gonna hold off..just my .02:top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
THey only work for half the people

Actually they just had a reputable ER doctor from OC and he said that the seasonal flu vaccine only prevents flu in about 10% of the people that get it --- however it keeps about 80% of people that may end up hospitalized out of the hospital.

10%... wow. Again, I'm not a conspiracy theorist but we all know that pharmaceutical companies do some major lobbying in Washington. Hmmm... you may have something there offroad-taco. Cause paranoia = more sales = more money = more campaign dollars. ??? :hmmmm2:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I've had the flu shot only twice in my life. I rarely get sick, but I got really sick after the second one and never took one since.

gary86

Reaction score
Getting both...got no choice!

Military = Both shots!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Nuff said

128932260817125020.jpg

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
I'm not getting either of them. If I get sick, I get sick, and the h1n1 is more mass hysteria than anything. Don't matter to me!

09_xrated_barcelona

MR. XRATED
Reaction score
I'm COMMANDED too get the flu vaccine by the military every year, and i must admit that i dont get sick until i get it. I mean it never fails, i can go all year long without gettin the flu vaccine. then right after i get it through the military, I GET FREAKIN SICK!!!!!!

Murderface

Reaction score
Not in the military anymore so that's a big NO:thumpdown:

I never get sick maybe sore throat(no jokes please) and occasional runny nose.

ChocoTaco08

Reaction score
I probably won't get either one. Haven't gotten the seasonal for a few years.

nine9six

Reaction score
I've never had one, nor have I had the Flu.

I'm going to pass.

Reaction score
I say no...

The body should be doing everything itself...

Though at times I get in my paranoid train of thought and start asking myself "what if the government is releasing a stronger virus and the shot is needed and only available to those that can afford it? Then those who are vecinated are dependent on the vacine and those who aren't are in seriouse risk"

Shaddy...

MusTrd

Reaction score
I never really have until the past couple of years. I work for a company that owns hospitals so I can get it for free, so I thought I'd give it a shot (pun intended) and see if I noticed a difference. I haven't really noticed a difference, I get sick about the same which isn't very often. I'm damn sure not getting the H1N1 vaccine. It's a less potent virus than the seasonal flu (so they say) so I'm not really worried about it.

lenie03

Reaction score
no way am i getting one. every year i was ever made to get a flu vaccine i always got the flu, and in the years that i tell them to stick the vaccine where the sun dont shine i dont get sick.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
the only needles that touch my skin are for her.....I mean HEROICS!!!! :laugh: Seriously though I don't do shots....the only shot's I've ever had were cortizone, deadening and also a dosage for when I was five and had pneumonia...(SP?)

KETCHUP

Reaction score
yep, its not an option for us military....unless you are exempt.

Top Bottom