Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ATTN anyone who has has a clutch problem

sixmassive

Reaction score
if you or someone you know has has their clutch go out on thier truck and hasnt called the warranty centerr please do. some ppl have gotten the warranty to take care of it and some have had to pay outta pocket. toyota needs to have a certain amount of complaints to make a recall and remburst ppl who have paid for the repair.

the number is 800-443-4999

press 5

and let them know you had low miles and your clutch was good one second then boom it no worky

thanks, hopefully we can get this sorted out for everyone's benifit. if it hasnt happened yet it might soon. and if it has happened it can happen again

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Not all them are problems so far from what i understand. Its sometyhing with the way the tranny was drilled which causes the clutch disc to break. Dealer should replace under warranty up to 5yr/60 from what i beleive. Check the dealer.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
mine is messed up and the dealer screwed me out of fixing my stuff! told me it was my fault and not toyotas

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
The tranny/clutch is covered under the 36month/36k mile warranty.

vinx-runner

Reaction score
im the second owner of my xr and has now 22500 miles, and according to the paperwork of the previous owner the clutch just suddenly would not engage and they toyota dealer towed it, fixed it, and no charge. that was when he first got it tho.

05 X

Reaction score
During a nice calm Sunday drive, mine would not engage when trying to go from a stop sign. There was no sign of wear prior to this and only 26,000 miles. A week before a long deployment, had it towed and got the "not covered under warranty" story. I could not play the game at the time, paid $1200, and same quality clutch is in there now. I'll call the warranty number before I get back to the states and see what happens.

nukewater

Reaction score
wellity wellity wellity, drivin today (on the snow covered streets) went to shift into third and go to accelerate, and there was NO power to the tires (felt like i was on shear ice) and the dumb thing came close to the rev limiter (scared the crap outta the gf)... so we coast to a stop, and think, well S***.. but it moves EVER so slightly with the clutch semi depressed, like, i moved about a few blocks in this fashion towards the toyota dealer.

I came to a slight uphill intersection and couldn't get it to move at all, FORTUNATLY a tow truck happened to notice and came to our rescue. So a quick tow to the dealer and a long cab ride home ($220 total! including the tow) we're back at home

so im glad you guys have had the same problems, 2008 XR - 35,000 KM.. ill give that number a call on monday, you think this is the same issue? i half expected to see the drive shaft hangin down... ick!

lamecargo

Reaction score
happened to me twice first time the clutch got replaced the second time clutch, tranny and drive shaft replaced. no problems since :top:

nukewater

Reaction score
should i call this number before or after it goes into the shop.

Reaction score
I just called and no one ever picked up. My clutch gernaded bad enough that a peice of the clutch disc came out of the bellhousing while shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Three months after my my 3yr/36,000 mile warrenty ran out by time with only 27,090 miles. I have already delt with corperate, regional, and arbitrations with no luck. Right now i am waiting on a flywheel to arrive to take all the parts needed to repair my X, at my cost, and get it back on the road after waiting over 5 months. I'll try and call them back later today just so they can have mine on record. I hope it helps.

rich017

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2009 has these problems?

The 6-spd tranny in the Tacoma alone is the problem. doesnt matter which year

It's just a ****ty tranny and a good percentage of people with it have the clutch blow up due to the crappy design and how it was made by Toyota

vinx-runner

Reaction score
im the second owner of my 2007 BSP, and the 1st owner had problems with it @ 1,600 miles. one day he said the clutch just wont engage, so toyota towed the truck in and ended up replacing the whole clutch/tranny.

ceemeetwo

Reaction score
Not all them are problems so far from what i understand. Its sometyhing with the way the tranny was drilled which causes the clutch disc to break. Dealer should replace under warranty up to 5yr/60 from what i beleive. Check the dealer.

This is true, my shop had a meeting with the big wigs from our region and they told us about all the upoming TSB's and Recalls they were thinking about putting out and this clutch problem was one of them.

rich017

Reaction score
This is true, my shop had a meeting with the big wigs from our region and they told us about all the upoming TSB's and Recalls they were thinking about putting out and this clutch problem was one of them.

keep us updated on this

greyfox

Reaction score
recall on the tranies/ clutch ? anyword yet ?
i have a 2005 with 65k miles on it got it 3 months ago
do all these tsb's count for my truck ?

Mclovin

"Chicka Chicka Yea"
Reaction score
09 definately has these problems... mine did it yesterday and toyota is fixing it. took my friend 15 min to drop the tranny and pull tha clutch... lol they even gave me a loaner TRD pimpd xB.

Go4Long

Reaction score
I came to a slight uphill intersection and couldn't get it to move at all

Now I know you're lieing...Saskatchewan doesn't have hills...it's flatter than my last girlfriend. :canada:
Anyone know if the 2009 has these problems?

My 2009 did it at 21'000kms, leaving the parkade went to accelerate and nothin. Got it towed to a dealership(thank you toyota roadside assist for making me wait for two hours in the middle of towntown for a tow truck...cops(on the second time they went by): "you ok? you've been here for a long time" me: "really? I had no idea"). Apparently mine was caused by the pressure plate...big stir up with the dealer...

They said oh it's not covered by warranty...I said my truck is six months old, you can either cover it or I'll stop paying for it. They said you can't do that. I said I just signed a 5 year mortgage on my house, and I can always just go get roach financing on a $10'000 used car that won't eat it's clutch in 20'000kms...wanna bet I can't?

They fixed it.

Fatty348

Reaction score
2009 Clitch Problem

I have a 2009 Xrunner and had my clutch go out at 24,000 miles. I took it to Toyota and they said it was a clutch failure and fixed it under warranty. I was driving at about 55mph and shifted into 6th gear and the clutch went, no driving out of the ordinary.

Top Bottom