Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Audio Installation Advice??

MistaGXR06

Reaction score
Im installing my audio equipment and need some helpful help. I have an Alpine deck CDA-9896 and Alpine speakers type-S. My Amp is an MTX Blue Thunder 150x2 (I know a classic). Now I'm not hooking up subs but want to use the amp to boost the power to my 6 speakers. The MTX tech guy that I talked to said that with this amp all I had to do was hook up RCA cables from the amp to the back of the deck and it would transfer the extra power from the amp to the speakers. Now I have talked to a few people who have similar systems in there car and have been told that you have to wire the amp directly to each speaker. I believe the latter to be true...but wanted to get some other peoples opinion.
Now if wiring to each individual speaker turns out to be the right way, instead of having wire's running all over my vehicle can I simply run the speaker wires from the amp to the back of the deck and splice them in with the corresponding wires to the front speakers and rear speakers?
Hopefully I have explained this so that those who look may understand. :adore:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
amp_wiring_diagram.gif

rich017

Reaction score
well if it is a 4-channel amp and you have components installed than you need to wire the amp to each crossover which goes to the speakers. Gotta take out the seats and door panels to do all of that

MistaGXR06

Reaction score
Im not to sure of what crossovers do?? So your saying its not possible to wire them to the back of the deck. I don't want to ruin anything so I want to play it safe and get as much info as I can. It is a 4 channel amp I believe...not to sure though.

This has been bumped...

Last edited:
Top Bottom