Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Audio Upgrade

HiTek21

Reaction score
Well after a couple of years I've finally finished gathering up all the needed equipment to complete my audio upgrade. This is my first time doing any real audio upgrade aside from replacing the headunit so some of my choice for components may be poor but I was just looking for something that was better than stock. I suppose if I don't like something I can always upgrade it down the road.

FedEx dropped off the last goods on Saturday so I got cracking on installing it all. Spent the last couple of days working on it. For the most part it's all hooked up (except back up camera) but I ran into some issues with amp placement. I put the Alpine amp under the passenger seat but I didn't realize there was a bar under the passenger seat and it hitting. I'm planning on swapping the amps around because the JL is shorter and will clear it. I have a slight slight alternator whine (it's barely noticable) but it's due to my poor ground spot which i will fix when i move the amps around.

JL HD 750/1 for the sub, Alpine PDX-4.100 for the doors
IMG_0012.jpg

JL Evolution C5-650 components for the front doors
MB Quart PVI-216 components for the rears (converted to coax so I don't have to drill a hole)
IMG_0009-1.jpg

Subxclosure with JL 10w6v2
IMG_0010-1.jpg

Eclipse BEC108 back up camera and 09 Tailgate handle
IMG_0001.jpg

Tacotunes Amp wiring kit
IMG_0011-1.jpg

Eclipse AVN-726e (installed for awhile now)
DSCN0530.jpg

Dynamatting/raammatting/Ensolite sound deadning
IMG_0678a.jpg

IMG_0679a.jpg

IMG_0677a.jpg

Some of the in progress shots
IMG_0013-1.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Nice work, don't see to many people go through pulling out the whole interior like that. Should sound killer, can't wait to get started on mine. Post up fnished product.

Tunedx

Reaction score
I ran into the same issue with mounting amp under passenger seat. I'm glad my install is complete. End up sound deadedning the whole interior along with replacing hu, door speakers and wiring in 4&2 ch amp. Just need a nice mono block and subx when I have more coinage

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
you are too good.....man I hated to take my stuff apart and I didn't even it ALL apart. I agree good quality equipment and work!!!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
You can remove the bar under the passenger side seat and turn it upside down brother.

Not bad at all for a 'first time' major upgrade, looks like you dove in well.

Top Bottom