Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Auto Body Help

4VsX

Reaction score
Kay guys I need some help. Some-one or some-thing hit my truck on the rear end. I got a paint transfer. White on BSP doesnt look to good. :smile: Some is on the paint and some is on the plastic bumper. I think this can just be polished out.
When I was younger I damaged my Dads white car on brown wood. Got some turtle wax and got it out with alot of rubbing.
I am NOT an auto body guy, so I need some advice. What products should I use?
Thanks in advance. :top:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
rubbing compound lightly work it .them polish with :top:wax.

YotaFab

Reaction score
all you need is a rubbing compund, and a wax or polish for after... ive used autobody rubbing compunds for years but u can get , i think its called, nutone, about 7 bucks at target, then wax after u buff the scratch out.... it depends on how deep into the clear coat the scratch is , u might need a polishing wheel but more than likely you can do it by hand which is best

4VsX

Reaction score
ok hold up. A rubbing compound eh? That would be used on the paint. What about plastic?
EDIT - you guys got me on the right path. Thanks!

Last edited:

YotaFab

Reaction score
if your worried about a plastic get a rubbing compound for plastic , they do the same thing ones just a smaller bead

xtoplinex

Reaction score
The thing is, you shouldn't really buff rubbing compound straight onto paint like that without prepping it up correctly, cause you can possibly burn your paint...and trust me that's even worst.

This is what I would do....

*Lightly wet sand the part that has the white paint with 1500 until you remove the white.

*Than I would say, wet sand that spot with 2000 wet sand to get it even smoother.(That way you don't need to work the buffer as much..the less you work the buffer, The less likely you burn your paint.)

*Than Finally, Buff it with Rubbing compound...then glaze (so that you don't get mega swirls).

....and that spot is pretty much gonna look better than your whole truck..:laugh:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
The thing is, you shouldn't really buff rubbing compound straight onto paint like that without prepping it up correctly, cause you can possibly burn your paint...and trust me that's even worst.

This is what I would do....

*Lightly wet sand the part that has the white paint with 1500 until you remove the white.

*Than I would say, wet sand that spot with 2000 wet sand to get it even smoother.(That way you don't need to work the buffer as much..the less you work the buffer, The less likely you burn your paint.)

*Than Finally, Buff it with Rubbing compound...then glaze (so that you don't get mega swirls).

....and that spot is pretty much gonna look better than your whole truck..:laugh:
Good info! would you do the same process when touching up ding marks, after putting on the touch up paint?

Top Bottom