Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Autocross advice?

redarkx

Reaction score
So im doing my first autocross next weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips, other than miss the cones. haha. Im excited to get the truck out there and really see what she can do handling wise.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Listen to the officials. seriously nothing will piss them off more if you don't, other than that just try to make smooth transitions between the turns and be good with the throttle and brake and you should post some good times. have fun and be safe

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Do a good service before you go out... clean air filter etc. I don't have much experience at all; but as fun as it is to go sideways the whole time, it is faster to keep it smooth. have fun and keep us posted.

Grumpy

Reaction score
Visualize your run, drive 2-3 turns ahead - always set up for next turn, smoothness is key - lines - throttle & brake input, inflate tires to max cold inflation, keep hand at 10 & 2 - don't shuffle.

Quick run down I can think off right now.

earnesje

Reaction score
Check your tire pressures and make sure they at what they should be. Make sure to bring some tape to put your number on your truck. There will be a tech inspection and they will inspect your vehicle to make sure everything is removed, floormats and anything inside the cab and the bed. Do the novice walkthough and walk the course a few times to get fimiliar with it. Make sure to correct side of the pointer cones.

picture.php

It will look something like this.

Last edited:

redarkx

Reaction score
I have a tool box, small and well secured, in the bed. Is that going to be an issue?

earnesje

Reaction score
I think it's just everything that is not bolted down needs to be removed.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I would say take it out depending on weight. Try and loose as much weight as possible.

Reaction score
I was curious to see if the AutoX gurus would allow trucks to run. I know they don't allow obvious vehicles like SUV's and what-not and even though our trucks are known to be "sport trucks," it's still a massive vehicle by comparison to Civics, Mazda3s, and Miatas.

This is definitely something I'll be getting into when I get home. Might use my 1987 Dodge Colt Vista instead but good to know this truck can hang in there.

What class would it run stock?

redarkx

Reaction score
STONER-X said:
DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! Check.

And I think depending on your setup you can run whatever class you'd like. I'll be in the stock class untill I drop it and then I think that moves me to the street prepared class. I think.

darthyota

Reaction score
Ok biggest thing is look where you want to go to be fast you must first be smooth hen you will get faster. You will be in hstock if your truck is stock when I just had suspension done I was in ESP (e street prepared) now that I'm blown I'm in street mod.

SOHCmyDOHC

Reaction score
First of all HAVE FUN.

Don't worry about how bad you do because we have all been there. You will get faster as you get accustomed to the truck and it's handling. Don't think you are racing against other people (even though you are) and just concentrate on improving your driving.

Make sure you pay attention to the track folks especially if they throw up RED flags. That means there is a car in front of you that is stopped for some reason.

And don't forget to HAVE FUN!

redarkx

Reaction score
Update! I ran a 46.9 as my best if 6. Pretty proud of it. As a reference my friend in his BMW M5 ran a 44.5. I'm now addicted to auto cross by the way.

Xoverdose

Reaction score
Any new advice now that you've done it? Im going to do auto x for the first time on the 27th in the X. I cant wait!

redarkx

Reaction score
Walk the course with someone whose done it and don't be afraid to punch the gas on this pig! She will hold way more than you think in the corners. Don't be afraid to go around, just have fun!

ntinhri

Reaction score
Walk the coarse.....

Slow down to go fast....

Sittin sic sway bars, tru trc LSD, sittin sick track drop, hoosier a6 race tires, URD trac bar, and what ever you can add with out moving up in class.

slow down to go fast...

slow in fast out......

dont hit the cones.....

meet the racers and have fun...

slow down to go fast.....

Top Bottom