Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AVN6620 vs AVIC-F900BT

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So right now I'm drawn between the two. Any suggestions or feedback on these units? Things you like, dislike, etc.

p099AVN6620-f.jpeg

p130AViCF90-f_MT.jpeg

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Get both and give me the one you dont like :biggrin: In all honesty though, appearance wise the eclipse looks cleaner, Ive yet to buy my headunit so Ill be following this thread very closely, even though Im leaning towards the eclipse. Happy hunting bro!:top:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i don't have either but by looking at the specs and features i would have to lean more towards the pioneer. overall the unit looks clean. picture seems to look crispy and a lot sharper. i didn't like how the buttons on the pioneer are located. they could have made them half the size and keep it looking stealthy. but functionality is there and easy 2 access. good luck on your decision bro. shop around especially online.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Ya, well right now I'm more towards the Pioneer as well. It seems to have more useful features, but I'm in the same boat, the buttons on the side and the reduced screen size may be a bit much. I'm going to have to see it in person to see if it really is that big of a deal.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I read somewhere Pioneer did that to ake it more OEMish.....

I have the D3 and that unit replaced it so Im sure its quite nice because I love my D3

Troskey

Reaction score
i have the premier version of the 900bt...the F-90bt...i love it...you have to get another module for the steering wheel controls to work...and even then...i heard that it doesnt work as well as the stock controls...

but the eclipse...you get to keep steering wheel controls as far as i remember...

XrunnIT

Reaction score
i have the premier version of the 900bt...the F-90bt...i love it...you have to get another module for the steering wheel controls to work...and even then...i heard that it doesnt work as well as the stock controls...

but the eclipse...you get to keep steering wheel controls as far as i remember...

Are you able to program the buttons or are they already preset?

G

gixxerman11

i have the 900bt and i love it and the 90bt has one other thing the 900bt doesnt have but its 100 dollars more

my 900 bt has back up cam.. xm and serius SAT. radio (they are together now) DVD in motion i pod interface. blue tooth

and they are coming out with an upgrade to load twic as fast as long as u Resgter ur unit

Troskey

Reaction score
Are you able to program the buttons or are they already preset?

which buttons are you referring to? the steering wheel controls? if so...i dont have that steering wheel module...

XrunnIT

Reaction score
i have the 900bt and i love it and the 90bt has one other thing the 900bt doesnt have but its 100 dollars more

my 900 bt has back up cam.. xm and serius SAT. radio (they are together now) DVD in motion i pod interface. blue tooth

and they are coming out with an upgrade to load twic as fast as long as u Resgter ur unit

What is it that the 90bt has that the 900bt doesn't?

which buttons are you referring to? the steering wheel controls? if so...i dont have that steering wheel module...

Ya, those were the control I was referring too.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
I'd go with the F series. It's looking pretty sweet. :top:

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
I actually had to do a study group for the F unit before it came out.... was kinda cool. i got paid 100 bucks to go to a room with this girl who i kid you not had just flown over from japan or something (didnt speak a word of english) and then a translater person. They basically sat me down with a few units, asked me to mess around with it, and asked me what i thought about them. Most of the units were pioneer and they were just trying to see if i liked the new stuff compared to other brands and compared to my D3 unit. The F unit was bad ass for sure. VERY easy to use and the graphics are 10 times better than the 6620. Smoother is the best way to describe. The F gets my vote... and thats coming from someone who has messed around with both units for a good amount of time :top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
That is some good news SickRed!!

Well after reading a handful of reviews it seems that the F series is real buggy. Very slow response time, a 2 minute bootup, the transition to the rear view camera is long.. Are there any users here that can support or deny these?

Last edited:

Troskey

Reaction score
2 minute boot time? where you gettin this from? while the boot time is the only gripe i have about the unit now that the firmware update just came out and made the bluetooth 100x better from the original...i can actually have a conversation with people while i'm driving...where as before i was barely able to have a convo at a stand still!

from my experience with mine so far...boot time is all dependent upon what AV source you had on it last...if you were listening to the radio or cd(maybe xm/sirius too...not sure i dont have either) then you'll be listening to it again in less than 20seconds...but to be fully functional w/o ipod takes about 50seconds give or take a few seconds to be fully functional...the reason i say w/o ipod is because the unit does a scan of the ipod to see if there was any changes to the VR(Voice Recognition) catalog...which is freakin awesome btw...you can still navigate the ipod menus while the system is going thru its scan...you just wont be able to choose an album/artist/genre etc thru VR until the scan is complete....before the update there were problems with the ipod not playing albums in the correct order...this is no longer an issue either...

also from other reviews...the backup camera pops up instantly...as soon as you put the vehicle in reverse...there's no need for the system to do a complete start up before this function is available...

and...if you were to order a unit today...more than likely...your's will already be updated...if it's not...it's definitely not hard to do at all...throw the updated firmware on an SD card...and simply follow the instructions on the pioneer website...

from what was being said on another forum...the reason for the boot time is the fact that this unit is run on Windows CE...you'll see that when/if you have to do an update...

finally...there were quite a few bugs w/ this unit and i was beginning to think that i had made a bad decision in jumping the gun and buying this unit just mere days after it was released...but now that the update is out and has fixed most...if not all the issues that were addressed(minus the boot time which is something we'll probably have to live with) i could not be happier with my decision to get this unit!! especially with a price tag of $884 from a local dealer here! :rockon: while it retails for $1200...i had to jump on it right away! if you're looking at getting this unit check out www.al-eds.com and www.avic411.com they're running a special for avic411 members thru August...i think it's like $984 shipped for the F90bt!!

hope this helps...

p.s. this was my longest post ever...on any forum!! jesus!! :rolleyez:

That is some good news SickRed!!

Well after reading a handful of reviews it seems that the F series is real buggy. Very slow response time, a 2 minute bootup, the transition to the rear view camera is long.. Are there any users here that can support or deny these?

Response time was also addressed in the firmware update!!

Automerge hoooooooooooooo!!

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Troskey! :top:

I got those review points off of crutchfield and a couple other sites.

Hitman

Reaction score
Go with the elicpse you'll love it!!!! :rock: :rock:

MOre Screen size and its already built in with your sterring wheel buttons

G

gixxerman11

i have the stearing wheel buttons and i have the 900 bt

NaboXrunner

Reaction score
sry thread jack :rock:.... what about the AVH-P4000DVD ???? any good its pretty cheap

Top Bottom