Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Awesome day of AutoX

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
well today Cameron (DicipleX) and myself decided to try our this whole Autocross thing Steve and Jason are always doin. well after today I'm hooked, this is like 100x better than the dragstrip, it requires alot more of that elusive "driver mod" we also met up with Xtruckdriver while we was there his best time I believe was 61.xxx my times we're as follows.

1st run-69.797
2nd run-67.210
3rd run-66.102
4th run-66.802
5th run-65.442

I took 6th place in the novice class the cars that beat me was a Evo MR, Audi S4, S2K, Miata and a heavily modded RX8. all very respectable vehicles haha. I got videos uploading now and will post as they get finished. I'm sure Cameron will post his times too.

heres a pic of the final time sheet, I was #6 and Cameron placed 8th
P7180213.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8-ShHQ82kQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4JKBzfdskE

Last edited:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
nice man... next time its around my area i am defiantly doing it!

its a nice thrill!

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
do it bro its so much fun, we almost had a Honda Fit flip.... like seriously it had 3 wheels off the ground, friggin crazy.

Mr Smack Attack

Reaction score
sounds like a lot fun... i wouldn't mine getting into too... is any hard? or special things u need?

SX TOY

Reaction score
sounds like a lot fun... i wouldn't mine getting into too... is any hard? or special things u need?
if you are the kind of dude that has alot of narrow misses but always seems to make it out this is your sandbox. no matter what it is a blast at least try it once in your life :rock:

Grumpy

Reaction score

If you have the chance, don't pass it up.
You gonna need a helmet, vehicle that will pass tech, and few bucks for entrant fee.

Mr Smack Attack

Reaction score
If you have the chance, don't pass it up.
You gonna need a helmet, vehicle that will pass tech, and few bucks for entrant fee.

yeah thats what i was thinking , which helmet? n yeah i would put on the Stock wheels since i have 20'' right now....

Reaction score
Auto Racing always requires a SNEL approved helmet

Go to saferacer.com for good deals

oh and helmets expire so make sure to get one new

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score

just make sure you got decent tires and a SNELL approved helmet. I took my motorcycle helmet up there and it was only DOT approved luckily my region has loaner helmets for people.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I got your text yesterday and smiled.. I knew youd love it! I also bet that you surprised a few folks there too... Autocross is WAY better than drag stip.. Wish I coulda made it but it was way too far...

NixXR462

Reaction score
They have autox not too far from where I live. I've always wanted to throw my stockers on and try it out. I'm assuming a sportbike helmet would work right?

ntinhri

Reaction score
They have autox not too far from where I live. I've always wanted to throw my stockers on and try it out. I'm assuming a sportbike helmet would work right?

My helment that I have for my bike is also my racing helment. I guess it just depends on what you bought...

disciple X

Reaction score
miami pretty much smoked me all day. lol. i ran a 1.18, 1.09, 1.07, 1.08, 1.06 in that order... the first run had a nice drift attemt induced 360 followed by some gravel slinging. lol. then i got progressively better. i wish we had more time, i know i could have run even better...

ntinhri

Reaction score
one thing that holds true about autocross........ SLOW DOWN TO GO FAST!!

disciple X

Reaction score
yup... that was my problem in the earlier runs... couldn't keep my foot off the gas! when i started driving like i had some sense, my times started dropping.

Reaction score
SNELL approved helmets that are not expired they don't allow DOT only....

You guys should try a real track some time...

For a little more money you get so much more driving time...

ntinhri

Reaction score
SNELL approved helmets that are not expired they don't allow DOT only....

You guys should try a real track some time...

For a little more money you get so much more driving time...

For me to get on a road track it costs about 150 bucks. Autocross is 20 bucks.. I totally agree and cant wait to drive on a road track. But auto cross will take care of the urge for now..

Reaction score
Right on man, I use to auto-x too... but around here it was $40 so I guess you got it good as far as auto-x prices...

But once you go track, you'll never go back...

Totally different world when you hit 3/4th gear and need to do some more fancy footwork :driver:

ntinhri

Reaction score
Right on man, I use to auto-x too... but around here it was $40 so I guess you got it good as far as auto-x prices...

But once you go track, you'll never go back...

Totally different world when you hit 3/4th gear and need to do some more fancy footwork :driver:

VIR is about a hour from me... I cant wait to get there.. the problem is they run on thrusday and fridays, I cant get off work for that... but Im sure your right.. top out 3rd and into 4th, top of 3rd thru a turn would be a blast..:top::biggrin:

Reaction score
It is man, I will guaranty that!

So they don't run weekends? That's weird?

Tracks out here only run on weekends for the most part...

Top Bottom