Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

B/O Mod Headlights

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Looking for someone from the 808 to help me. Someone thats pro that can do it for me for a price? lol or maybe help me do it so I dont mess up and I have jay-neric headlights... I guess I could do it myself but i dont wanna f*** up. lmao

Sorry if I sound noob

XRobber

Reaction score
Its all good bro.
A lot of people around here are going to tell you to try it yourself. It is a VERY intimidating project in the beginning, but once you open one up and see how easy it is to remove the insert that gets painted... Well.... You will understand.

There are plenty of write ups around here and the internet as a whole with VERY detailed instructions for the job as well.

If you are still uneasy about doing it yourself, I am sure some of those 808 guys can help you out!

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Well for one I dont really have an oven? unless your talking about a home baking oven LMFAO but im pretty sure thats not what your talking about or is it? I was gunna try to talk to one of my shop teachers and ask him if I could borrow his because i've seen in some pictures something similar to it.

Man im such a NOOB

I also wanna remove my reflectors but I think thats illegal

Le SigH...

07xrunner

Reaction score
yup its a home baking oven....and i removed my reflectors and havent had a problem with the cops yet :top:

07XR808

Reaction score
Awe right ima do it lol

Ah bro don't worry. A lot of X owners down here are have already down the blacked out headlight mod. It isn't that hard. If anything come out to the next meet and we can give you pointers or someone will help you do them. If not, just read the DIY article in the how to section of this site:top:

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Ah bro don't worry. A lot of X owners down here are have already down the blacked out headlight mod. It isn't that hard. If anything come out to the next meet and we can give you pointers or someone will help you do them. If not, just read the DIY article in the how to section of this site:top:

x2 man! When we have another meet, come out! Keep looking for posts on the Clendar and the Hawaii section.

ramsey422

Reaction score
when is the next meet up? wouldnt mind one more cruise before i head off to the mainland. i recall shook saying he's leaving 3/25 so maybe before then. i just cant do those meet at 10 and stay out to 3..to old for that..lol

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
when is the next meet up? wouldnt mind one more cruise before i head off to the mainland. i recall shook saying he's leaving 3/25 so maybe before then. i just cant do those meet at 10 and stay out to 3..to old for that..lol

Can meet up on Sat. Night. I am down for that if anyone else is down?

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Yeah ima try do um 2morrow since I dont work and i gotta buy some damn krylon paint and when I remove the headlight I put the whole headlight in the oven? wont it melt or something?

Last edited:

nick81olson

Reaction score
Yea so im doin the headlight mod and when you go to reseal them any tips on how to make sure they seal up REAL good? I dont want them to get foggy on me...

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Most use a bead of silicone when putting them back together... i just reheated them in the oven and pushed them back together.. been over a year with no problems :top:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
stevenredx,you got lucky. I did it the same way and was good for about a week then came out one morning and had a foggy right eye.will definately do the silicone reseal.

07XR808

Reaction score
Words of advice. Put the lights on a cookie sheet or it will melt. TURN OFF THE OVEN after pre-heating and put it in for about 10 minutes. Then it won't melt...

Seal the edges around with clear silicone twice. I've been in torrential rains recently. Things hold up fine

Sykotic336

Reaction score
I finally finished and it looks awesome... from far away. Though if you look up close you'll see some minor chips lol. Took off my reflectors which makes it look more sexiful. Would post pictures but I dont have camera yet. Forgot to ask my girlfriend. Will post up ASAP.

Thanx guys for all your help with this mod.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I finally finished and it looks awesome... from far away. Though if you look up close you'll see some minor chips lol. Took off my reflectors which makes it look more sexiful. Would post pictures but I dont have camera yet. Forgot to ask my girlfriend. Will post up ASAP.

Thanx guys for all your help with this mod.

if the chips bother you....just rebake em and paint them again. I had the same thing happen to me. I could have just left it cause it wasn't noticeable from far...but when you get close you could see some chrome. I redid it cause it was in the back of my mind. Now I feel better. POST PICS!1!

Sykotic336

Reaction score
if the chips bother you....just rebake em and paint them again. I had the same thing happen to me. I could have just left it cause it wasn't noticeable from far...but when you get close you could see some chrome. I redid it cause it was in the back of my mind. Now I feel better. POST PICS!1!

I think I might just do that and lemme borrow cam from my gf hopefully ill see her 2day and i was wondering and this was after the fact that I already did it. Does modding the headlights affect any part of my warranty? Its a real big concern for me.....

Spyder327

Reaction score
I think I might just do that and lemme borrow cam from my gf hopefully ill see her 2day and i was wondering and this was after the fact that I already did it. Does modding the headlights affect any part of my warranty? Its a real big concern for me.....

After you do if, if the head light falls off the truck, i dont think they'll warranty that :laugh:

other than that, it wont void a damn thing.

Top Bottom