Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bad Day Big problem need some help!

DoubleD

Reaction score
So i got a crapy phone call saying someone got my condo while they told me the week before they accepted my offer. so thats tarded.

yesterday i brought my truck into toyota of RSM and gave them a list of my problems

Clutch petal late release
Wind Shield Vibration Noise
Creeky Clutch
Poor shifting
Loosing Power Steering fluid

They called back about 2 minutes before i found out about my condo and told me

Clutch is worn out needs to be replaced, that is why it is releasing late
$1300

And nothing else is covered by my warranty. They said power steering was not leaking, Creeky clutch not covered, and vibration was not covered either.

So they said $165 for inspection......

Any advice?? im thinking about going to a stage 2 and having someone else install it for me unless i can get some help from some of my buddies then ill do it myself.

HELP??

Gadget

Reaction score
There is a TSB for the windshield noise. If you are still under warranty that is covered according to the TSB from Toyota.

The creeky clutch, if it is from the pedal inside the truck, that is also covered if you are under warranty. There is a TSB for that as well and requires replacing the clutch pedal assembly and properly lubricating it.

You may just need the clutch adjusted to cure the late release problem. Now if the clutch is sticking that is a whole other problem.

If your clutch is not slipping it is not likely a bad clutch. More likely something in the hydrolic system that operates it or a broken or worn out return spring on the pedal assembly.

If you do in fact need a new clutch, I can get you a good deal on an aftermarket one, but there is still going to be labor to put it in.

Gadget

WCD

Reaction score
1300 bucks is robbery for that kind of a job.

SX TOY

Reaction score
Gadget you are one standup dude. I have seen you offer help several times. that my friend is selling me on going with URD stuff when I hit the engine compartment:top:

DoubleD

Reaction score
G thanks for the fast response. What can i do to bleed it? is there a write up i missed or do i need to make one? Yea no slipping ever just late clutch release. I can install it myself for the most part so labor is a non issue.

The other problems they are saying is not their issue because im out of my factory warranty and now into my extended warranty. My extended warranty company says they do not cover any of that??? Need to make a nice friendly call to them

And i will for sure hit you up if i pick up that new clutch!!
Thanks G

SX TOY

Reaction score
G thanks for the fast response. What can i do to bleed it? is there a write up i missed or do i need to make one? Yea no slipping ever just late clutch release. I can install it myself for the most part so labor is a non issue.

The other problems they are saying is not their issue because im out of my factory warranty and now into my extended warranty. My extended warranty company says they do not cover any of that??? Need to make a nice friendly call to them

And i will for sure hit you up if i pick up that new clutch!!
Thanks G

the tsb gadget speaks of doesn't need a warranty to fix it. it is a known problem I had it in my'05 tacoma

DoubleD

Reaction score
Yea i know i brought them in the TSB and they said TSB is only covered during factory warrenty

firetuner911

Reaction score
not to thread jack, but the infamous clutch squeal is or at least was on my truck a couple of the fingers on the pressure plate sticking out too far and rubbing on the throw out bearing, took a good dealer 2 tries to notice that one and of course they covered it, rental included!! :top:

but man im sorry to hear about your truck, try taking it to a different dealer. and G is the man, ive always seen him help out how ever he can. which is why when i get some xtra $$ im deff gonna be calling him. good luck:driver:

DoubleD

Reaction score
m yea i thinkim going too most assuredly. I've already started to make phone calls to new dealers

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
yeah i would be biatchin to a manager!!! I took mine in for the TSB on the clutch pedal and they told me that i was out of factory warranty but i have the 10yr/100,000 miles extended powertrain but the clutch pedal was not covered. I biatch for like 2 hours and they just kept saying "it not covered"!

So i was like well the clutch pedal is squeeking and it is really loose feeling, he was like "SORRY, only the clutch disc and components are covered not the pedal" i then reiterrated that the pedal was loose and sometime the clutch would slip upon fast starts he said quote " until the clutch goes out we cannot cover the assembly! the power train only covers anything reguarding the 'power' to the vehicle" i was like really so the pedal being loose and cause the clutch to slip is not covered till the clutch breaks? he was like yeah.

He pissed me off so bad and was such a dick, i was like i will be back in about 15 min with a non working clutch, he was like WHAT? i told him that we would see how good the clutch was after a couple 'aggressive driving procedures' lol. he aggreed to fix the clutch pedal since it would cost them alot more once the clutch was gone LOL :biggrin:

I am going to order the stage 2 from URD, though cuase i drive my truck hard and was good quality components!

DoubleD

Reaction score
Thats crazy man! I dono im really heading toward pulling the thing out myself and putting the stage two in with the new fly wheel from Gadget and dropping that whole assembly off there going see its fine now fix my crap

DoubleD

Reaction score
Thanks dude, i got a buddy to swap the clutch with me,tomorrow ill find out if i can use the lift at work and sounds like ill do it all myself. The issue now becomes if i install the fidanza flywheel also??? Im still under warrenty, what ever that means anymore

DoubleD

Reaction score
Well G i might have to hit you up tomorrow but just noticed that URD no longer as flywheels??

Top Bottom