Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BallJoint Removal

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Is this an acceptable way to remove the BJ? I barrowed the thing from Autozone and the directions suck. Is there a different/better way to do this?

balljointremoval.jpg

rexrunner

Reaction score
looks good to me, just make sure to not damage the rubber surrounding, make sure you post pics when you get done with the drop :top:

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
I can't get these F'n BJs out with this tool. Looks like I'm going to have to take my ride somewhere to have the front installed. I even tried slipping a socket over the threads of the BJ and beating it out with a hammer and got nowhere. I better quit now befor I F something up.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
Been so long since me and my mech did my DJM drop,but doesn't that ball joint have a clip you have to remove after the rubber boot comes off? should be right at the base of the under side of the ball joint.much like a piston ring ring.I maybe wrong but might want to check it out.:dontknow: :top:

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Been so long since me and my mech did my DJM drop,but doesn't that ball joint have a clip you have to remove after the rubber boot comes off? should be right at the base of the under side of the ball joint.much like a piston ring ring.I maybe wrong but might want to check it out.:dontknow: :top:

I took that C clip off. I'm going to take it to a mechanic I know tommarow. maybe he can show me.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
gsx,best to have a dead blow/no bounce hammer at least 2lb to get it to budge. or a regular press.they are tuff to get out.!good luck!:top:

Top Bottom